ASUS p8p67 board failures

phraed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Has there been a report of excessive failures of the new ASUS SandyBridge motherboards. I have installed 2 P8P67 boards and both failed. One had 2 shorted RAM slots, the other a failed LAN despite reloading the driver. Both boards returned to vendor with no static from them on the issues.
Phraed

asantesoul

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
I've heard of some complaints regarding the vanilla p8p67 boards..I would recommend picking up a P8P67 pro (if your not too pissed off with Asus yet)...or purchase a gigabyte ud3p or ud4..I have heard great things about those boards..Gigabyte is also a great company!

You could also try getting the P67 Asrock extreme4...great price/performance board with the efi bios...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128478&Tpk=p67%20ud4

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157229&cm_re=p67_asrock-_-13-157-229-_-Product

I'd breadboard your build first, and if the CPU Fan backplate is metal then use plastic washers and avoid METAL | MOBO contact. Yep, this can cause all sorts of problems. I assume the standoffs on the case are in perfect alignment with the MOBO and your PSU is good.

If the breadboard works and the complete installation fails then you know where the problem(s) is/are on the build.

Good Luck with the new MOBO x3! :)

intel2you

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
:hello:
The pro is just as bad I had 3 of about 20 not work one was doa. I had got one for myself not counted in the 3 it came with no south bridge cooler that's some quality control for ya.they replaced it with one that the marvel controller was bad and it ran way to hot,next one works fine so far. And I have seen many on here for them.So yes there is a problem.

src1425

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
My B2 P8P67 Pro had the dual reboot problem and kept dropping drives, while my current B3 P8P67 Deluxe also has the dual reboot problem and can't resume from sleep mode, both well documented problems with most of the P8P67 boards. The HardForum thread for P8P67 BIOS questions/problems has 116 pages and 2310 messages.

Since 3/1 they've released 3 BIOS versions, and another is supposed to be imminent. That's encouraging from the standpoint that they're working to fix problems, but there doesn't seem to be much progress, and it underscores just how problematic the situation is.

keto6789

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011

Two BIOS splash screens are normal? I thought the "ASUS" splash screen should only show once.

'Most' of the time this can be cured with the latest BIOS or to use IDE in the BIOS with manually modifying the registry for AHCI then followed my AHCI in the BIOS. Further, keep your primary HDD/SSD on the lowest numbered SATA Port - also try both the SATA3 & SATA2 ports.