Computer Does not Turn on at all after plugging in front usb ports!

gpapadin

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
I have a foxconn P41a motherboard and my front usb ports were disconnected and did not work, same with the cd drive. I opened up my computer and plugged them in, sadly when I plugged in the power cord again and turned it on, the light on the front showing it is on flashed and turned off. Now my computer does not even turn on, no signs of power to it whatsoever except a little green light on the front above a cylinder shape. I have tried unplugging the usb ports, testing the power cord, the outlet that it is plugged into, the graphics card and RAM and correctly in place and I just bought a brand new power supply as well for it, nothing works!! Have any other trouble shooting tips for me?

Collie147

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
mobo most probably a short somewhere preventing it going on or you've got something earthed that shouldnt be. firstly disconnect everything and go one at a time processor, ram, hard drive, gpu, etc.etc. I'd say your mobo is fried but if a light is coming on it's not your PSU and it's still likely to work.

gpapadin

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010

I did as all of you said, but nothing worked. I think the motherboard is fried, but how can i tell?