HP Prebuilt Laptop dvt6se

NamelessShifter

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
* Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
* Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-450M Dual Core processor (2.40GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)with Turbo Boost up to 2.66 GHz
* FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
* 160GB (Solid State Drive Flash Module)
* 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 5650 switchable graphics
* 15.6" diagonal High Definition LED HP Brightview Widescreen Display (1366x768)
* No TouchScreen (includes HP TrueVision Webcam)
* LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
* Intel Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
* Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with HP TrueVision Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
* High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (standard)
* Microsoft(R) Office Starter 2010
* HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Those are the current specs. I was just curious as to whether this processor could handle high settings on games like Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. The other available processors are the i5 520/540 and the i7 720QM/740QM/840QM. Also, a large concern is overheating. My only aid in this besides what's above is an external fan.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

It's not that great. Starcraft really likes to have at least a quad core at 2.5 GHz, or a triple core at 2.8 GHz or above. A dual core at 2.4 GHz would make it playable, but not smoothly. A single core (which would be the Turbo Boost) would need to be above 3.0 GHz.

Check out Tom's preview of Starcraft to see what you really need. Use the "Best GPUs for the Money" articles to compare desktop video cards to mobility cards.