Computer will not boot at all after unlocking cores of cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody norman

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
Hello,
when I opened the program that came on the msi driver disc for my motherboard it had an option for enabling core unlock. when i clicked this it asked me to restart the computer to finish making the changes. except now when it turn on the computer nothing at all shows up on the screen as if i never turned on the computer in the first place, but everything seems running on the computer(cpu fan, gfx card fan,ect)
i searched the internet but couldn't seem to find a solution that wasn't something to do with bios which i cant access.

I would suspect the following:

If AMD finds a certain percentage of its CPUs are not up to the task of a quad core, they would just turn the entire batch into dual/triples. This means that some of the dual/triples are fine and unlocking them can be done at no loss.

But AMD doesn't guarantee it nor do the mobo vendors. They also will probably void a warranty on any component that has been damaged due to unlocking the cores much like they void a warranty on a CPU fried from overclocking.

cody norman

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2010
Seems the cores you unlocked were faulty and made ur cpu unusable.I think u need to clear the cmos battery to set bios setting to default.This is the reason i hate Amd those retards at Amd make profit from faulty underperforming quard or triple core cpu.And to lure potential intel dual core buyer they lock those faulty cores and customer buy there cpu in greed of converting dual to quard.

this fixed my problem, thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.