Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Picking a PSU

Last response: in Components
September 10, 2010 4:52:46 AM

Any tips on picking the right wattage of a PSU? So far all I do is check the watt specs of the hardware I use and guesstimate from there.

More about : picking psu

a b ) Power supply
September 10, 2010 5:58:08 AM

There are calculators out there that will absolutely make certain you select a powerful enough unit. Just google "psu calculator" :)  They usually calc high.

Or, list your cpu choice and graphics card(s) and we'll help.
m
l

Best solution

September 10, 2010 6:56:23 AM

Go to new egg go to psu area and enter your pc stats and it will give you power recomendations. from there a good antec earthwats or a corsair modular power supply should do ya well.
Related resources
a c 144 ) Power supply
September 10, 2010 6:56:26 AM

Or simply consider that a good 550 - 600 watt PSU (Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, etc.)will power any CPU and any video card with a single GPU.
m
l
September 10, 2010 7:56:11 AM

You Can Buy Corsair Or thermal tech PSU For Your Computer
I preferred you to have a corsair 750W PSU. Its Realy Good
& You doesn't need to think about about your PC's Power
m
l
September 10, 2010 5:21:38 PM

all you really need is a 500 watt power supply

it dosnt matter what you use as long as you dont have mroe than 1 graphics card and if you do you wouldnt be asking here for it

its better to go for a higher wattage than you need becasue it only draws as much as it needs to and no more
m
l
September 17, 2010 3:23:24 AM

Best answer selected by spooky2th.
m
l
September 17, 2010 3:25:58 AM

Doom3klr said:
Go to new egg go to psu area and enter your pc stats and it will give you power recomendations. from there a good antec earthwats or a corsair modular power supply should do ya well.

This is just what I did. Newegg estimated that I need a 631watt psu. I think I'm gonna go with a 700watt or higher depending on price and etc.
m
l
!