Sign in with
Your question

ATI Drivers and Geforce cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 3, 2010 5:57:34 PM

will the multi-display ATI Eyefinity technology work with NVIDA cards also? I actually expect the answer to be no but what the hell don't ask a question you never get an answer. Matrox can NOT handle the Hi-Resoultions that 3 24" HDMI 1080p HD Wide Screens. I asked and they have no plans on doing so at this point. I just bought the Geforce CTX 260's and really really don't want to replave them just to play Eve across 3 really nice big screens
a c 1411 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
June 3, 2010 6:08:37 PM

Eyefinity is ATI only! Nvidia's card architecture is different.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 3, 2010 6:14:11 PM

Yeah, you need an ATI eyefinity card. NVidia doesn't have anything like that yet. They are falling behind.
m
l
Related resources
June 3, 2010 6:52:50 PM

Thank you all. Pretty much the answer I expected but I had to ask. I really perfer NVIda cards but they don't even have Windows 7 drivers yet. ANd with Matrox being obtuse I am looking at being forced into ATI's Waiting arms. Maybe I can ix and match all my monitors more or less the same size under 24 inches with the bigger screens to see if that works at all. Once you go 3 screens there is no going back 1 one. Maybe 2 but never 1. lol

Thank you all very much again for your help.

Chard
m
l
a c 273 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
June 3, 2010 8:11:33 PM

The 256 series drivers are supposed to be bringing the three screen vision to the masses this summer.

P.S The drivers for W7 work just fine for me.
m
l
!