Hi.

I recentlly assembled a desktop

core i5-2500K
asus p8p67
CMP4GX3M2A1600C8
radeon hd 6950

650W Power supply

2 1tb harddrives

WHen I started it for the first time built in speaker told me that comething is wrong with my memory. And I can't figure out what... I tried switching channels, tries using only one bar of memory at a time, nothing works.

More about : memory start

April 17, 2011 5:39:32 PM

That's the problem. System doesn't boot at all... I can't really find a sofware problem if I can't get into bios... I'm afraid that it's compatibility issues. Eather DDR3 or Power Supply...
Related resources
a c 347 } Memory
April 17, 2011 10:01:55 PM

Sorry...went to movie & diner. Use (1) stick in DIMM_A2, second DIMM slot from the CPU. Next, Clear CMOS, Jumper method, see page 2-21 figure 2.2.7 Jumper.

CPU | - | Stick | - | - |

If that doesn't work try the other stick, and if that fails then it's probably not your RAM.

If your using a non-OEM CPU fan and the Mounting is not insulated you can be causing a small short circuit. Before pulling anything, try the MemOK button, see page 2-16 figure 2.2.5 for use.

Next, just to rule-out some oddball short: unscrew all of the MOBO and PCIe screws, pull the MOBO away from anything conductive and dangle supported on a towel. Try again.

Correct, if you cannot get in to the BIOS then you're stuck.

Good Luck! :) 
April 18, 2011 9:24:53 AM

Thanks. I'll try that..
!