ut and linux server

can any body tell me if they know how to install either the stuffswapper or
worm mutator in a Unreal Tournament server running in Linux? this is the
original UnrealTournament.. version 4.36

thanks
9 answers Last reply
More about linux server

    Claude enlightened us with:
    > can any body tell me if they know how to install either the
    > stuffswapper or worm mutator in a Unreal Tournament server running in
    > Linux? this is the original UnrealTournament.. version 4.36

    Have you tried installing them with the umod installer?

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    MeltDown wrote:

    > Claude enlightened us with:
    >> can any body tell me if they know how to install either the
    >> stuffswapper or worm mutator in a Unreal Tournament server running in
    >> Linux? this is the original UnrealTournament.. version 4.36
    >
    > Have you tried installing them with the umod installer?
    >
    > MeltDown

    one little problem, I'm running a linux server, and umods are for windows
    only.... so the answer would be no....

    Claude

    On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:17:38 -0400, Claude Fortier
    <cfortier5@cogeco.ca> wrote:

    >one little problem, I'm running a linux server, and umods are for windows
    >only.... so the answer would be no....

    You can get a umod installer for Linux.

    Claude Fortier wrote:

    > one little problem, I'm running a linux server, and umods are for windows
    > only.... so the answer would be no....

    You should check the thread you started in a.o.l.m.
    I even gave you the url over there.

    --
    sid
    RLU 300284 Mdk 10 2.6.3-8

    Claude Fortier enlightened us with:
    > one little problem, I'm running a linux server, and umods are for
    > windows only.... so the answer would be no....

    If I suggest you should use the UMod installer, you should use the UMod
    installer, and of course it existst for Linux ;-)

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Claude Fortier enlightened us with:
    > I'm now using ASU for umods in linux, what I would like to learn, is
    > how to get WORM mutator, working under a linux server... I have had
    > absolutely no luck in finding any usefull material in google, or any
    > where else for that matter in regards to the worm mutator... can any
    > one help me with the worm mutator? thanks...

    Never heard about the mutator. You also don't give any information at
    all - what files did you download, what did you do with them, how far
    did you get already? Where are you getting stuck?

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    MeltDown wrote:

    > Claude Fortier enlightened us with:
    >> I'm now using ASU for umods in linux, what I would like to learn, is
    >> how to get WORM mutator, working under a linux server... I have had
    >> absolutely no luck in finding any usefull material in google, or any
    >> where else for that matter in regards to the worm mutator... can any
    >> one help me with the worm mutator? thanks...
    >
    > Never heard about the mutator. You also don't give any information at
    > all - what files did you download, what did you do with them, how far
    > did you get already? Where are you getting stuck?
    >
    > MeltDown

    Ok, here it is... I've installed the worm mutator AKA:(Weapon/Object
    Replacement Mutator) it's called womr190.zip so, as you can see by it's
    name, it's a weapon replacer... I need this to add more weapons to my
    sniper mutator... I followed all installation instructions, but I just
    don't know how to access this mutator to edit the weapons it uses...

    I'm trying to get my sniper riffle to have quick fire capabilities. and
    also to give them more range... so there it is... can any one help me
    now? :)

    Claude
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Claude Fortier enlightened us with:
    > Ok, here it is... I've installed the worm mutator AKA:(Weapon/Object
    > Replacement Mutator) it's called womr190.zip so, as you can see by
    > it's name, it's a weapon replacer...

    Ok.

    > I need this to add more weapons to my sniper mutator... I followed
    > all installation instructions, but I just don't know how to access
    > this mutator to edit the weapons it uses...

    Ok, so what you are saying is that you have no problems installing this
    mutator at all! You are trying to configure it, and that is where your
    problem lies. Next time, please be specific in what you want.

    > I'm trying to get my sniper riffle to have quick fire capabilities.
    > and also to give them more range... so there it is... can any one
    > help me now? :)

    Hmmm... that would mean someone would have to know how the thing has to
    be configured... Have you tried contacting the autor of the mutator? I
    think that's the person to talk to if things are unclear.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    MeltDown wrote:

    > Claude Fortier enlightened us with:
    >> Ok, here it is... I've installed the worm mutator AKA:(Weapon/Object
    >> Replacement Mutator) it's called womr190.zip so, as you can see by
    >> it's name, it's a weapon replacer...
    >
    > Ok.
    >
    >> I need this to add more weapons to my sniper mutator... I followed
    >> all installation instructions, but I just don't know how to access
    >> this mutator to edit the weapons it uses...
    >
    > Ok, so what you are saying is that you have no problems installing this
    > mutator at all! You are trying to configure it, and that is where your
    > problem lies. Next time, please be specific in what you want.
    >
    >> I'm trying to get my sniper riffle to have quick fire capabilities.
    >> and also to give them more range... so there it is... can any one
    >> help me now? :)
    >
    > Hmmm... that would mean someone would have to know how the thing has to
    > be configured... Have you tried contacting the autor of the mutator? I
    > think that's the person to talk to if things are unclear.
    >
    > MeltDown

    don't you think I already thought of doing that... ok, I'll do that....lol

Servers Games Linux Video Games