Reinstalling Windows XP - Freezing up

Due to problems with my desktop, I formatted my hard drive and tried to
reinstall Windows, and everything goes well, until the "33 min remaining"
point, where there's a screen on the right showing "Regional & Language
Options" as the loading process is in the left pane. At that point, the CD
stops running and while the mouse cursor still moves, there's no other
processes occuring. It has done this process in excess of three times and
cannot get any further. Looking for suggestions so I can get my home office
up and running again... Thanks in advance!

DispatchFFEMT wrote:
> Due to problems with my desktop, I formatted my hard drive and tried to
> reinstall Windows, and everything goes well, until the "33 min remaining"
> point, where there's a screen on the right showing "Regional & Language
> Options" as the loading process is in the left pane. At that point, the CD
> stops running and while the mouse cursor still moves, there's no other
> processes occuring. It has done this process in excess of three times and
> cannot get any further. Looking for suggestions so I can get my home office
> up and running again... Thanks in advance!

Setup stops responding with 34 minutes remaining
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828267

Windows XP SP1 Installation Stops Responding with About 34 Minutes Remaining
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815319

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: