$1,000 budget gaming & streaming computer.

breathless

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE:
Possibly this week or next week for sure.

BUDGET RANGE:
$1,000 before rebates, after tax and shipping. Going slightly over the limit is ok.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:
Gaming (mostly SC2!), Streaming and playing HD videos. Some multimedia editing tasks.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED:
Keyboard, Monitor, Speakers.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:
NewEgg, USA.

OVERCLOCKING:
Not now but maybe in the future.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE:
Most likely not.

MONITOR RESOLUTION:
1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: This will be my first time building my computer! Do I have the right Windows 7 and will all these parts work together or meet my requirements? Do I need to buy some thermal paste or get an aftermarket cooler (for hdstreaming not overcloking)? I'm also not sure about the PSU and exactly how much power I need.

I want SC2 to run at near 60 fps with monitor resolution with all high settings and be able to handle streaming hd quality streams while playing. I was opting for this i5 750 but thought maybe I might want a 6 core in the future so I went with AMD. If anyone can reduce the cost of the build that would be great.

screenshot20100712at938.png

screenshot20100712at938.png

Thoughts or suggestions with the build?

lowriderflow

Distinguished
It doesn't say what motherboard you're getting... make sure you're getting an ATX and NOT a 'micro ATX'. I prefer Gigabyte, just a basic motherboard will be good for you (should be around 120$)
I'd reccomend an AMD Phenom II x4 - will work great with that 5830. Cheaper, and the motherboards are cheaper.
You don't need any thermal paste or special CPU cooler if you're not overclocking, the stuff it comes with will be fine.

Id say ur all set.

breathless

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010

Getting this board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128443 along with the 965. The cpu & motherboard picture is under the first picture list I had. If I understand correctly it should be good for a future 6 core. which is the reason why I chose AMD over the i5 750 :) .

Thanks for the reply!

ac53

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
You can get another 10$ off for the mouse here.

If you plan on overclocking, look into an aftermarket cooler (Hyper 212+) and possibly more fans for your case. That or try the Antec 300 Illusion, exact price of the 300 except you get two extra front fans.

breathless

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
That build looks great! I'm going to read about the tower. A 5850 makes me happy and the build seems cheaper!

Thank you =)