Sign in with
Your question

Help! Problem with Monitor 2 using 4350

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 3, 2010 8:21:05 PM

Ok, I'll try and explain this as best I can. I have a new HP PC and an Asus 4350 and I'm running the latest ATI Catalyst software/drivers. My desktop is Windows 7/64bit.

I have two monitors hooked up and the dual setup is working. Monitor 1 is an LG LCD 16x9 22" and Monitor 2 is an older 4x3 LCD flatscreen.

Here's where I have the problem. When I watch videos (like on YouTube) on the #2 4x3 monitor, they ALL have black bars on the top and bottom of the screen...Now I know your immediate conclusion is that I'm watching 16x9 material and that this is normal. But I get black bars when watching 4x3 full screen material as well. On my old PC (with 4x3 CRT monitor) the same videos DO NOT have black bars and they fill the screen. Back to my new HP......Now there have been a FEW INSTANCES where I have SWAPPED to Monitor 2 (instead of dragging stuff over) and these same 4x3 videos DID fill the screen. But I can rarely repeat this.

I'm wondering if there is a setting either on Windows 7, or in Catalyst, where I can set Monitor 2 to display videos in 4x3 mode.

Thanks!

M

More about : problem monitor 4350

June 3, 2010 8:26:59 PM

Do you have the monitors each set to their native resolution?
June 4, 2010 3:58:51 AM

Yes, both are set to native.
!