Jumping in GOTY edition

Last response: in Video Games
May 2, 2004 6:50:56 AM

I came up with an odd problem and wonder if anyone knows how to
correct it.

I have the GOTY edition on Win98SE and it works fine. I installed it
on a Win2K system and it installed correctly. I was trying out
"Cranes" and discovered that I couldn't jump as high as I could on the
Win98. I can jump, but only a short way. This means I can't get to
most of the ammo, armor and the keg 'o health. It's almost as if I
have the "fatman" mutator, but it's been this way since I installed
it.

Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
Chaos mutator added.

Thanks,

Greg

More about : jumping goty edition

Anonymous
May 2, 2004 6:50:57 AM

"Greg Weir" <Greg_Weir@cox.net> wrote in message
> I came up with an odd problem and wonder if anyone knows how to
> correct it.
>
> I have the GOTY edition on Win98SE and it works fine. I installed it
> on a Win2K system and it installed correctly. I was trying out
> "Cranes" and discovered that I couldn't jump as high as I could on the
> Win98. I can jump, but only a short way. This means I can't get to
> most of the ammo, armor and the keg 'o health. It's almost as if I
> have the "fatman" mutator, but it's been this way since I installed
> it.
>
> Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
> Chaos mutator added.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg

Did you try adjusting the air control?
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 8:06:58 AM

goPostal wrote:
> "Greg Weir" <Greg_Weir@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I came up with an odd problem and wonder if anyone knows how to
>> correct it.
>>
>> I have the GOTY edition on Win98SE and it works fine. I installed it
>> on a Win2K system and it installed correctly. I was trying out
>> "Cranes" and discovered that I couldn't jump as high as I could on
>> the Win98. I can jump, but only a short way. This means I can't get
>> to most of the ammo, armor and the keg 'o health. It's almost as if I
>> have the "fatman" mutator, but it's been this way since I installed
>> it.
>>
>> Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
>> Chaos mutator added.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Greg
>
> Did you try adjusting the air control?

Actually, I had this problem before and some helpful person on this NG told
me to make sure that the game was set on "Hardcore".
Fixed it for me!

HTH,

--
Dirk
(aka "!bungle")

"Well, you may be a lover but you ain't no d-d-dancer"

---
May 2, 2004 8:22:48 AM

"!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> Blessed us with

> Actually, I had this problem before and some helpful person on
> this NG told me to make sure that the game was set on
> "Hardcore". Fixed it for me!

That's what I was going to say too because I seem to remember someone
saying that but I don't remember who!. I'm not even sure if it was
you that had the problem, it may have been someone else.

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 6:36:03 PM

"!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Actually, I had this problem before and some helpful person on this NG told
> me to make sure that the game was set on "Hardcore".
> Fixed it for me!
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Dirk
> (aka "!bungle")
> '96 LS650
> (aka "Rhino")
>

> "Well, you may be a lover but you ain't no d-d-dancer"

That did it! I remember making a change from Hardcore to Classis. Once
I made the change it worked fine. Very interesting, in Win98 I have to
put the CD in, but under Win2K I don't.

Thanks again,

Greg
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 7:03:45 PM

greg_weir@cox.net (Greg Weir) wrote in

> Very interesting, in Win98 I have to
> put the CD in, but under Win2K I don't.

Did you patch one machine to v436, but not the other? (If so, you ought to
patch the 98 machine.) Regardless, there's an easy way to fix the problem:
open up UnrealTournament.ini, and change the "CDPath=" line to point to
your game directory, rather than your CD drive.

--
Andrew Timson
==============================

Uzytkownik "Greg Weir" <Greg_Weir@cox.net> napisal w wiadomosci

> Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
> Chaos mutator added.

Set "Air Control" to MAX (100).

Damian
Anonymous
May 4, 2004 12:06:54 AM

DAMIAN wrote:
> Uzytkownik "Greg Weir" <Greg_Weir@cox.net> napisal w wiadomosci
>>
>> Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
>> Chaos mutator added.
>
> Set "Air Control" to MAX (100).
>

> Damian

IMHO changing the game to "Hardcore" does fix this issue (read the other
posts). Air control being set to 35% is much more realistic and doesn't
contribute at all to the problem.

--
Dirk
(aka "!bungle")
'96 LS650
(aka "Rhino")

"Well, you may be a lover but you ain't no d-d-dancer"

---
May 5, 2004 3:26:19 AM

"!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<z0wlc.55904$Dn1.1355@fe2.texas.rr.com>...
> DAMIAN wrote:
> > Uzytkownik "Greg Weir" <Greg_Weir@cox.net> napisal w wiadomosci
> >>
> >> Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
> >> Chaos mutator added.
> >
> > Set "Air Control" to MAX (100).
> >

> > Damian
>
> IMHO changing the game to "Hardcore" does fix this issue (read the other
> posts). Air control being set to 35% is much more realistic and doesn't
> contribute at all to the problem.
>

> --
> Dirk
> (aka "!bungle")
> '96 LS650
> (aka "Rhino")
>

> "Well, you may be a lover but you ain't no d-d-dancer"

Emmm, I have a question. I do remember changing it from "Hardcore" to
"Classic" (I'm playing Team Match) as I thought Harccore meant "once
you're dead, you're dead." What's the difference, other that how high
you can jump?
May 5, 2004 2:27:36 PM

Greg Weir enlightened us with:
> I do remember changing it from "Hardcore" to "Classic" (I'm playing
> Team Match) as I thought Harccore meant "once you're dead, you're
> dead." What's the difference, other that how high you can jump?

Hardcore = Higher playing speed, weapons do more damage
Turbo = Higher playing speed, weapons normal
Classic = Normal speed, normal weapons

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
!