Jumping in GOTY edition

I came up with an odd problem and wonder if anyone knows how to
correct it.

I have the GOTY edition on Win98SE and it works fine. I installed it
on a Win2K system and it installed correctly. I was trying out
"Cranes" and discovered that I couldn't jump as high as I could on the
Win98. I can jump, but only a short way. This means I can't get to
most of the ammo, armor and the keg 'o health. It's almost as if I
have the "fatman" mutator, but it's been this way since I installed
it.

Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
Chaos mutator added.

Thanks,

Greg
9 answers Last reply
More about jumping goty edition

    "Greg Weir" <Greg_Weir@cox.net> wrote in message
    > I came up with an odd problem and wonder if anyone knows how to
    > correct it.
    >
    > I have the GOTY edition on Win98SE and it works fine. I installed it
    > on a Win2K system and it installed correctly. I was trying out
    > "Cranes" and discovered that I couldn't jump as high as I could on the
    > Win98. I can jump, but only a short way. This means I can't get to
    > most of the ammo, armor and the keg 'o health. It's almost as if I
    > have the "fatman" mutator, but it's been this way since I installed
    > it.
    >
    > Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
    > Chaos mutator added.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Greg

    Did you try adjusting the air control?

    goPostal wrote:
    > "Greg Weir" <Greg_Weir@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> I came up with an odd problem and wonder if anyone knows how to
    >> correct it.
    >>
    >> I have the GOTY edition on Win98SE and it works fine. I installed it
    >> on a Win2K system and it installed correctly. I was trying out
    >> "Cranes" and discovered that I couldn't jump as high as I could on
    >> the Win98. I can jump, but only a short way. This means I can't get
    >> to most of the ammo, armor and the keg 'o health. It's almost as if I
    >> have the "fatman" mutator, but it's been this way since I installed
    >> it.
    >>
    >> Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
    >> Chaos mutator added.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Greg
    >
    > Did you try adjusting the air control?

    Actually, I had this problem before and some helpful person on this NG told
    me to make sure that the game was set on "Hardcore".
    Fixed it for me!

    HTH,

    --
    Dirk
    (aka "!bungle")

    "Well, you may be a lover but you ain't no d-d-dancer"

    ---

    "!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> Blessed us with

    > Actually, I had this problem before and some helpful person on
    > this NG told me to make sure that the game was set on
    > "Hardcore". Fixed it for me!

    That's what I was going to say too because I seem to remember someone
    saying that but I don't remember who!. I'm not even sure if it was
    you that had the problem, it may have been someone else.

    "Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

    Mr.K

    "!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Actually, I had this problem before and some helpful person on this NG told
    > me to make sure that the game was set on "Hardcore".
    > Fixed it for me!
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > --
    > Dirk
    > (aka "!bungle")
    > '96 LS650
    > (aka "Rhino")
    >

    > "Well, you may be a lover but you ain't no d-d-dancer"

    That did it! I remember making a change from Hardcore to Classis. Once
    I made the change it worked fine. Very interesting, in Win98 I have to
    put the CD in, but under Win2K I don't.

    Thanks again,

    Greg
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    greg_weir@cox.net (Greg Weir) wrote in

    > Very interesting, in Win98 I have to
    > put the CD in, but under Win2K I don't.

    Did you patch one machine to v436, but not the other? (If so, you ought to
    patch the 98 machine.) Regardless, there's an easy way to fix the problem:
    open up UnrealTournament.ini, and change the "CDPath=" line to point to
    your game directory, rather than your CD drive.

    --
    Andrew Timson
    ==============================

    Uzytkownik "Greg Weir" <Greg_Weir@cox.net> napisal w wiadomosci

    > Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
    > Chaos mutator added.

    Set "Air Control" to MAX (100).

    Damian
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    DAMIAN wrote:
    > Uzytkownik "Greg Weir" <Greg_Weir@cox.net> napisal w wiadomosci
    >>
    >> Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
    >> Chaos mutator added.
    >
    > Set "Air Control" to MAX (100).
    >

    > Damian

    IMHO changing the game to "Hardcore" does fix this issue (read the other
    posts). Air control being set to 35% is much more realistic and doesn't
    contribute at all to the problem.

    --
    Dirk
    (aka "!bungle")
    '96 LS650
    (aka "Rhino")

    "Well, you may be a lover but you ain't no d-d-dancer"

    ---
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "!bungle" <stratosrally@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<z0wlc.55904$Dn1.1355@fe2.texas.rr.com>...
    > DAMIAN wrote:
    > > Uzytkownik "Greg Weir" <Greg_Weir@cox.net> napisal w wiadomosci
    > >>
    > >> Is there something in the configuration that I have to do? I have the
    > >> Chaos mutator added.
    > >
    > > Set "Air Control" to MAX (100).
    > >

    > > Damian
    >
    > IMHO changing the game to "Hardcore" does fix this issue (read the other
    > posts). Air control being set to 35% is much more realistic and doesn't
    > contribute at all to the problem.
    >

    > --
    > Dirk
    > (aka "!bungle")
    > '96 LS650
    > (aka "Rhino")
    >

    > "Well, you may be a lover but you ain't no d-d-dancer"

    Emmm, I have a question. I do remember changing it from "Hardcore" to
    "Classic" (I'm playing Team Match) as I thought Harccore meant "once
    you're dead, you're dead." What's the difference, other that how high
    you can jump?
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Greg Weir enlightened us with:
    > I do remember changing it from "Hardcore" to "Classic" (I'm playing
    > Team Match) as I thought Harccore meant "once you're dead, you're
    > dead." What's the difference, other that how high you can jump?

    Hardcore = Higher playing speed, weapons do more damage
    Turbo = Higher playing speed, weapons normal
    Classic = Normal speed, normal weapons

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Video Games