Change order of startup programs

How do I change the order (priority) of startup programs so, for example, my
computer doesn't attempt to logon to MSN Messenger before my network and
internet connections are loaded? I would like to load AV and ZoneAlarm
first, then the others, but I find no way to change this order. Thanks.

For the services.

How to Delay Loading of Specific Services

HOWTO: Control Device Driver Load Order
;115486]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];115486

To start applications sequentially create a shell script something like this
and
place it in your \Startup directory.

-------------mystartup.cmd-------------
start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\outlook.exe"
start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\word.exe"
start "" "D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\excel.exe"
---------------end file------------------

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Ira" wrote:
| How do I change the order (priority) of startup programs so, for example,
my
| computer doesn't attempt to logon to MSN Messenger before my network and
| internet connections are loaded? I would like to load AV and ZoneAlarm
| first, then the others, but I find no way to change this order. Thanks.

without seeming to look like a numpty, but where will I find the \startup directory.
Thanks
regards
Howard