Dual operating system

MIKO30

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
hi guys..
can you teach me how to install another os to my computer..
i have currently using windows 7 ultimate..
then i want to install win xp sp3..they say on google to partition first..well i have a 2 separated partition the other one is 30 gb and other is 40 gb..is it ok to install a two os in this size of hdd??

heres my specs
amd sempron 140 processor 2.75 ghz
1 gd ddr2 memory ram
geforce 210 1 gb 1000ghz ddr3
:sol:

If you plan on gaming, this isn't a viable option. The VM doesn't virtualize D3D.

MIKO30

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

im very confuse of those steps sir...
hmm can i just insert the windows xp dvd and reboot my computer then install it to another partition??cause my win 7 is on the drive C...can i just put the win xp on the drive D sir??

hmm yup my pc specs is not good enough but im running any games without lag haha..ahmm im playing assasins creed brotherhood and dirt 2..and the rest is online gaming like project blackout with max settings..

MIKO30

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011

ok sir what do you mean i will lost the ability to load win 7?? example if i installed the xp then the win 7 will not boot??

As stated, you must always install Windows OS's from oldest to newest. There are ways around it, but it involves more than just installing the OS and is more tedious.

Catsrules

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008

Correct, after you install XP it will break the booting win 7. Don't worry, no data is lost or anything on win 7 it just can't boot at the moment. If you look at step 7-11, under "When Windows 7 is Installed First" on the page provided by WR2, it will explain, how to fix win 7 boot using EasyBCD.

Also if for some reason your XP install didn't work, you can grab a win 7 disc and run a repair and it will fix win 7 booting for you.

Correct; XP and 7 have different boot loaders.
If you have the Win7 disc you can run Repair after you install XP.
That repair will make the Win7 boot loader the primary one.
After a reboot you'll see both option.
If you don't have a Win7 install disk the EasyBCD program can fix it too.

MIKO30

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
ahh.,,ok..,i allready created a system recovery tool for my win 7...
ahmmm ok i get it now sir haha tnx for your effort for teaching me what you all got there..:D hehe sory for my english im not good enough..:D

MIKO30

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
sir...i cant connect to the internet..and some programs dont work on it..i installed the windows xp..and i cant even update the drivers on it...i solved now how to get back to the win 7 and im using it now...the problem is why cant i connect to the internet so i can download some updates...

4745454b

Titan
I understand that. Probably because XP doesn't have a driver for your network card. If you load the driver for your network card (NIC) then you can go online. I have no idea what NIC you have, it's probably built into the motherboard your using.