Sep 10, 2010
Hello,
I have this setup now.
Gigabyte P35DQ6
Intel Quad Core Q6600@2400Mhz
Nvidia-Gigabyte 8800 GTS.320bit 640MB
2GB Ram-Corsair XMS2 DDR2

650W True Power Trio.

I whant to buy 4 more GB of Ram and a Nvidia GTX 460 1GB Video card,and use my old 8800 gts for physix.
Will my system bottleneck if i upgrade like his?
Or if u guys can tell me what to upgrade will be much apriciated.
Thx in advance.

psyAlyn

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

The CPU i mean.Is it going to do the job.

no it won't do the job.
it won't totally (bottleneck) your machine in compared with video but,
it is a hindrance..
what speed RAM are you using.?
I'd say new motherboard and cpu if it was me if you want to be a little more current.
But at least a cpu upgrade along with at least 4GB RAM 800mhz or better.
ct1615 - overclocking is an option but then you'll need to upgrade cpu cooler..
I have a pair of 8800GT's on an E8400 which at 3ghz is only 600hz faster and a single GTX460 is about comparable to (slightly slower in fact) SLi'd 8800GT's.

psyAlyn

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

I have the Scythe NINJA CPU Cooler.

real-world experience with almost the same set-up.
it ran yes, hell it's a quad and that's cool, but the 2.4Ghz @ stock was killing me.
just like my H22 Accord, I have the need for speed...!

...and as always, just passing my opinions.
and when I make certain comments, not questions.. it's because I've seen it or been there.
till next time,
cheers.
As one of our forum members once said and I quote:-

xcel_jkl

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010

i dont think anecdotal evidence is completely useless, why then do some hardware act worse than another person's exact same hardware?

and, being the clean living individual you are, you must be thinking that malmental was giving his 2c worth of feedback to help the OP.

just my 2c

edit: meant malmental

xcel_jkl

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
that "useless" post i just made was based on the fact that like the original poster, and other commenters on this thread, i had almost the same exact rig at one point in time and it NEVER hurts to hear from so called "anecdotal evidence".

and it was with so called "anecdotal evidence" that i got from this forum that i was able to get advice and upgrade to the rig i have now.

You don't appear to be aware of the context of jofamang's quote, you'd be better off looking it up first before passing a comment on something you don't seem to know stuff all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.