Lost raid array

Hello,
I have a win7 64 bit Pro desktop. I had an raid array consisting of 3 hd. (not sure if w/parity r not). Turn on and Computer Management doesn't recognize array. Array consisted of Disk 1, 2, 3. Now it shows Disk 3 (E:) Raw Healthy (Primary Partition). The other two (Disk1 & Disk2) indicate "Not Initialized" Unallocated. This information is very important. HELP!!!
3 answers Last reply
More about lost raid array
  1. JZeig1 said:
    Hello,
    I have a win7 64 bit Pro desktop. I had an raid array consisting of 3 hd. (not sure if w/parity r not). Turn on and Computer Management doesn't recognize array. Array consisted of Disk 1, 2, 3. Now it shows Disk 3 (E:) Raw Healthy (Primary Partition). The other two (Disk1 & Disk2) indicate "Not Initialized" Unallocated. This information is very important. HELP!!!

I'm assuming it's SATA connectors and not something else. Swap the SATA cables from one drive to another and see if the drives re-initialize. I have this problem with an intel raid controller. I'm not sure if one drive is going bad or if the SATA cables are working loose.
  2. I forgot to mention that - if my memory serves me correctly - this array is Windows 7 software array; therefore, I don't know if that applies, but I will try that...
  3. Maybe, this set of articles can help you: RAID Retrieval.
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Desktops Storage