extended drive partition

March 25, 2005 11:42:49 PM

I deleted the extended drive d: that came with my computer, old operating
system, now I have unassigned space. Can I assign it to c: one big drive or
do I have to pick a letter? should I format it how can I gain the space
thats unassigned. Thanks
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 11:42:50 PM

You can use Disk Management to assign and format the space:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309000

However you can not merge the unassigned space with C.
To do that you need a 3rd party program such as:
http://www.bootitng.com/
http://www.symantec.com/partitionmagic/

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]