First build done,a question

murth

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
Hi All, I learned a lot from reading through this forum and have put together my first system. Everything has gone smoothly but I've got a potential problem.

I've got a gigabyte h55m-s2h mobo and a i3 cpu. When I activate system fan alert in bios I get the alarm sounding as soon as I reboot, but all fans are running smoothly and the cpu runs at about 24C.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

4745454b

Titan
What are the values set at? I haven't played with a lot of these motherboards, but they should sound an alarm if the fan slows below X speed? Perhaps its looking for a 1300RPM fan and your using an 800RPM fan? Check to see if you can adjust the values, or as banthracis suggested make sure your fan is plugged in and its reading it correctly.

jrhii

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
Turn off fan alert?...

but in all seriousness, are you checking that temp from the bios?...also, are you using a stock cpu fan with a 4 pin pwm, or a aftermarket with a 3 pin or a 12 volt

murth

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
With the above suggestions I think I've solved it. Sys fan came preinstalled on a Sonata case and has just a power supply hookup with a 3 speed manual switch. So if I'm thinking about this right the mobo has no way to actually read sys fan speed and is currently reading zero ( the fan is definitely running though and I can change fan speeds with the manual switch ), so the alarm sounds.

As I'm new to this game do these temps look OK?

cpu temp = 24C
sys temp = 37C

Thanks! These forums are great.

TRENDING THREADS