CPUID question

jwhit9

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
I need to determine whether I have PCIe or AGP, but when I downloaded CPUID and checked the Mainboard tab, the Graphic Interface section which tells the version was grayed out. This poses a problem :)

Solution
It is grayed out on my laptop which has an IGP only, do you only have an integrated graphics card? If so it is likely checking what port your graphics card is plugged into and if there is no graphics card it cant report what kind of port its in.
Wayyy easier way to tell if you have PCI-E or AGP, pop open the case and take a look inside, you can tell what type of slot it is fairly easily they are quite different in appearance
pic-agp-pcie.jpg

jwhit9

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Thank you very much. As this problem of Pcie or agp is just a recent spark in my curiosity, I've been across many forums which provide the pop-it-off method with pictures. It really isn't that hard of a task and I might end up having to do it, but I still kind of want to know why my section on CPUID is grayed; partly to know the version without dismantling, and partly because it doesn't seem like anyone elses section is grayed out on any other forums that i've been on which I'm not sure if I should be concerned about. In the time that I'm taking to do all this, though, I really could just take this stupid case off and quit whining. :) As far as responses go, your's was informative and appreciated. I'm going to go crack this thing, then. Goodnight.

It is grayed out on my laptop which has an IGP only, do you only have an integrated graphics card? If so it is likely checking what port your graphics card is plugged into and if there is no graphics card it cant report what kind of port its in.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS