Graphics Card Fan Speed Issue

Scanlia

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I have a 5850 in CF in my system.
Whenever I start up a game, or other 3D application, I can see my fan speed go down by more than 50%.
It goes from about 1400RPM to about 600RPM.
To get over this issue I have to put my fan speed up to about 2500RPM before I start the game otherwaise the GPU will overheat. ( 90+ )
2500RPM is about 35% fan speed in the Catalyst Control Centre.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Solution

i no how to fix it...update ur drivers..then before you start up the game put the fan speed to max this optimises the capabilities of the fan. now one you have done that open the case on your computer so you have easy access to the fan itself now reach down and put ur snake in the fan so it gets cut off. now start the...

LIAMSCANLON

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011

i no how to fix it...update ur drivers..then before you start up the game put the fan speed to max this optimises the capabilities of the fan. now one you have done that open the case on your computer so you have easy access to the fan itself now reach down and put ur snake in the fan so it gets cut off. now start the game and the blood from your snake should keep the fan going at max speed. PS: i suggest going to a hospital before playing the game you might be in a little bit of pain.

Solution