Toshiba A75-S206 Hangs--How to Reset?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
November 6, 2004 5:14:07 PM

New Toshiba A75-S06 running XP Home, works great, but sometimes the
system "hangs." No Blue Screen of Death, but won't respond to
ctrl-alt-del, or any other keystroke I've found.

So I'd turn it off, but it doesn't respond to the power switch either.

Look for the reset button. Can't find one.

So I reset by unplugging and removing the battery.

Not a good way to do a hard reset, but it's happened often enough I'm
wondering if there's a reset key I'm missing or something else?

Up-to-date antivirus, no problems noted, no spyware shown during
ad-aware scans.

Ideas?

--
Mike Riddle /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
mriddle%nospam@ivgate.omahug.org \ / Respect for open standards

Hold down the power button for 5 seconds (that's 5 "real" seconds,
"full" seconds).

!