Need help picking new motherboard

aldrumz

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Hey Guys my old motherboard and psu died and so I decided it was time to put together a new build.The only problem is since I live on a fixed income I am on a mega tight budget.I just got a great deal on a Intel Pentium Dual Core E6500 Wolfdale cpu so I am looking for a good budget board for it.I have narrowed my choices to a few models and was hoping to get some feedback on them.They are as follows

Asus P5G41T-M-LX
Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P

My previous board was an Asus and I was very happy with it and mostly everything I have read about the Gigabyte boards has been quite positive.I also am considering a couple of MSI boards namely models G41M-P23 and the G41M-P26 but I have read mostly mixed reviews about the MSI boards so I am a bit leary about them.

I am not a gamer so I will be sticking with the onboard video and audio.I also plan to install 4gb of ram.This build will mainly be use for everyday type stuff(internet,email etc.)and mostly multimedia type jobs.

Any feedback on the models I've mentioned or any others that would be a good match for the cpu I have would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
All of the boards seem to be equivalent in specification.

I personally have no bias towards any one brand of motherboard, so any of the boards above will suffice for you.

All of the boards you listed support 4GB of RAM and the CPU, you pretty much have yourself set.

You mentioned you plan on using it for multimedia type jobs, what kind did you have in mind?

aldrumz

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Nothing to major.Just some movies,dvd burning,transfering some old vhs,maybe some light photo editing and of course mp3's.

I'm leaning towards the Asus board since I have a bit of history with them but I think I probably couldn't go wrong with any of the models I mentioned.

thanks for your comments