Sir,i used bootable usb for installing ubantu os.but,i made a mistake that i rep

rosros

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
sir,i used bootable usb for installing ubantu os.but,i made a mistake that i replace my whole harddisk.so i lost my all datas fron harddisk.can i recover all these from any method....please please ...do reply...iam in trouble

If you can find some file-recovery software that runs on ubuntu linux you can try using that, but all the file-recovery apps that I know of are for Windows only.

Alternatively, you could attach the drive to a PC running Windows, then install Windows-based file-recovery software such as one of these: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm

Had you gone to the trouble of keeping your data backed up to another hard drive you would not be in this unenviable position, but I have to confess I've made that mistake and learned the hard way in the past.

rosros

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Thankyou for your reply sir.. can i get my harddrive datas if i install windows7 again in my lap and using file recovery software?is there any free software available for recover?iam really in trouble & my all study material and important documents are in hdd..i dont knw wht to do actually..