Sign in with
Your question

Help me!!! my computer can't boot after upgrade a graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 4, 2010 1:55:45 PM

the story is like this i just buy a new graphic card MSI 240GT DDR5(OC).... i juz doing normal thing plug off the power and install the card. When i boot up my pc my windows 7 loading screen change to vista loading screen. After some minute a BSOD screen come out. Please help me i dunno wat to do now. I didnt even get a chance to install driver. Help me!!! (bad english sorry) :cry: 
a c 1308 U Graphics card
June 4, 2010 2:53:10 PM

Did you use device manager to remove your old card before installing the new one?
June 4, 2010 3:27:15 PM

rojak32 said:
the story is like this i just buy a new graphic card MSI 240GT DDR5(OC).... i juz doing normal thing plug off the power and install the card. When i boot up my pc my windows 7 loading screen change to vista loading screen. After some minute a BSOD screen come out. Please help me i dunno wat to do now. I didnt even get a chance to install driver. Help me!!! (bad english sorry) :cry: 

Alright, first of all you should do as Rolli59 suggested. This is what you should do, I'll keep this topic in mind so I can give clear instructions on how to uninstall the driver. Though that aside

1) Is the graphics card properly inserted?

2) Did you plug in any extra power connectors? If so make sure they're in properly

3) What is your PSU wattage rating? It could be that your PSU cannot give enough power to the graphics card more than a certain amount. Thing is when you make the card do more work, it requires more power. Your power supply may not be able to give all the power the card needs which would result in the BSOD possibly.
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
June 4, 2010 4:43:31 PM

What is your previous card?
You must uninstall the old driver card before installing the new one...
June 4, 2010 8:11:16 PM

Alright, this is how to uninstall the drivers on windows 7, hit the windows key on your keyboard (or just the icon on the bottom left of your screen)

Right Click on 'Computer' and go on 'Manage'

Then a new window comes up (if you have administrator rights) and there is a list of things on the left. Go on 'Device Manager'

Then a new list comes up and there should be 'Display Adapter' under it there should be the name of your old graphics card. Right click on it and go on 'Uninstall'

The a new window comes up telling you if you want to uninstall it and an option to 'Uninstall the drivers' select that box and proceed with the uninstallation.

Hope this helps!
June 6, 2010 3:39:52 AM

my power supply is 500watt and im running on onboard graphic card
June 6, 2010 4:29:50 AM

You need to go into your MOBO's BIOS and de activate the onboard video card. since It is conflicting with the card you installed.
June 6, 2010 5:40:00 AM

Your motherboard Model?
!