ut2k4: "Show only official maps" option...

there is a way to show only UNofficial maps?
5 answers Last reply
More about ut2k4 show official maps option

    rtfm

    ????

    On Fri, 07 May 2004 02:57:58 +0200, Klaus Bregel wrote:

    > rtfm

    Sorry Robo, but I don't have the exact answer, but I do want to comment on
    this rtfm answer, and possibly have a direction for you to go.

    Come on guys, it is so annoying when someone asks a question and all they
    get back is "RTFM" or "SEARCH GOOGLE". Any idiot could of figured that
    out!!!!

    Most people come to usenet as a last resort to get answers for questions,
    because they read what they had, and searched for what they were able to.
    People today are so snide and self centered that this is the best that
    they can come up with? Let's help a guy out or not say anything at all.

    Robo, I have yet to get ut2k4, but if the configuration is anything like
    ut or ut2k3, then either you need to either modify the
    unrealtournament.ini or its equivalent or use a mutator like mapvote if
    there is one yet.

    Looking at my ut2k3 there is a DefUser.ini in the System directory with
    the below info. I'd start there, and be sure to back up the file before
    you change it.

    [XInterface.MapListTeamDeathMatch]
    MapNum=0
    Maps=DM-Antalus
    Maps=DM-Asbestos
    Maps=DM-Curse3
    Maps=DM-Inferno
    Maps=DM-Compressed
    Maps=DM-Phobos2
    Maps=DM-Plunge
    Maps=DM-TokaraForest

    Good luck and let's hope these other lurkers get an ounce of decency and
    realize that humanity is destined for failure unless we stand up and help
    each other out.

    Regards,
    Bob

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:07:54 -0500, Bob <bob@noemail.com> wrote:

    >Come on guys, it is so annoying when someone asks a question and all they
    >get back is "RTFM" or "SEARCH GOOGLE". Any idiot could of figured that
    >out!!!!

    You would be amazed how many people can't be bothered to do the
    simplest search and prefer to be spoon fed by others throughout their
    lives.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    ok, i fully agree. it was not very polite from me.

    sorry.

Games Video Games