ut2k4: "Show only official maps" option...

Last response: in Video Games
May 6, 2004 7:31:43 PM

there is a way to show only UNofficial maps?
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 6:57:58 AM

rtfm
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 8:15:52 AM

????

Klaus Bregel wrote:

> rtfm
Related resources
May 14, 2004 2:07:54 AM

On Fri, 07 May 2004 02:57:58 +0200, Klaus Bregel wrote:

> rtfm

Sorry Robo, but I don't have the exact answer, but I do want to comment on
this rtfm answer, and possibly have a direction for you to go.

Come on guys, it is so annoying when someone asks a question and all they
get back is "RTFM" or "SEARCH GOOGLE". Any idiot could of figured that
out!!!!

Most people come to usenet as a last resort to get answers for questions,
because they read what they had, and searched for what they were able to.
People today are so snide and self centered that this is the best that
they can come up with? Let's help a guy out or not say anything at all.

Robo, I have yet to get ut2k4, but if the configuration is anything like
ut or ut2k3, then either you need to either modify the
unrealtournament.ini or its equivalent or use a mutator like mapvote if
there is one yet.

Looking at my ut2k3 there is a DefUser.ini in the System directory with
the below info. I'd start there, and be sure to back up the file before
you change it.

[XInterface.MapListTeamDeathMatch]
MapNum=0
Maps=DM-Antalus
Maps=DM-Asbestos
Maps=DM-Curse3
Maps=DM-Inferno
Maps=DM-Compressed
Maps=DM-Phobos2
Maps=DM-Plunge
Maps=DM-TokaraForest

Good luck and let's hope these other lurkers get an ounce of decency and
realize that humanity is destined for failure unless we stand up and help
each other out.

Regards,
Bob
May 14, 2004 12:10:12 PM

On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:07:54 -0500, Bob <bob@noemail.com> wrote:

>Come on guys, it is so annoying when someone asks a question and all they
>get back is "RTFM" or "SEARCH GOOGLE". Any idiot could of figured that
>out!!!!

You would be amazed how many people can't be bothered to do the
simplest search and prefer to be spoon fed by others throughout their
lives.
May 16, 2004 3:48:11 AM

ok, i fully agree. it was not very polite from me.

sorry.
!