Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a Crossfire MB to replace my current one

Last response: in Motherboards
April 19, 2011 8:17:55 AM

I have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3L right now and a HD5770

I was planning on getting a 2nd HD5770 and a crossfire motherboard that would take my old ddr2 memory and CPU (LGA775) but i cant seem to find one that can do that..

Am i missing something? also do you think this is a good idea, or should i just get a new Graphics card rather than crossfire, I can get another HD5770 for about $100 and im hoping the MB (if i can find it) will be about that, so wouls a $200 card give a better performance boost and if so what card!

Im looking to spend as little as possible (about $200 cad) and getting the biggest frame rate boost as im planning on building a new system later this year!

a c 1111 V Motherboard
April 19, 2011 8:35:49 AM

Most of the lga 775 motherboards for crossfire today are DDR3. I personally would just get a stronger card HD6870 or HD6950 you should be able to get the price difference from your budget by selling the HD5770. As an example http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
m
l
April 19, 2011 12:31:42 PM

Well if you are going to replace your MB AND buy another GPU it hardly seems like a cost effective way to go about it for more FPS. i would say you are by far better off getting a new more powerful single GPU setup to use in the system you intend to build later in the year. Then you can crossfire or SLI that card depending on what you intend to do or need in regards to the future system.

I highly recommend a MSI gtx 460 hawk for approx $200. I run 2x in SLI for a vantage score of P28000 ish and i havent even bothered to OC the cards.

Just food for thought but buying a outdated dead end socket MB seems a bit wasteful.
m
l
Related resources
!