Sign in with
Your question

New Cases at Newegg

Last response: in Components
a b ) Power supply
September 11, 2010 2:03:55 PM

Hey everybody. Just checked newegg and they have some new arrivals in the case department:

HAF 912:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1406/1/

Sentey Arvina:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1392/1/

The HAF 912 looks great, except for the off gray brown interior. CM needs to do black HAF's. Also a little disappointing how no top fan provided. The Sentey is a company ive never heard of, but nonetheless actually looks like a pretty decent case. Probably lousy fans, but decent case. I wish more cases had the DVD drive feature in the video.

More about : cases newegg

a b ) Power supply
September 11, 2010 2:25:52 PM

The HAF 912 looks great, but CM already cut the holes for the backplate and cable management! I guess I would only have to dremel for the side panel window..................
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 11, 2010 2:39:37 PM

Yeah, at that price, i think it might be a winner. Only problem is this:

$10 is practically worth it for the black interio IMO. They both will get about the same cooling, but the 692 has a lot more potential. Also has arguably better features, and better cable managment.
m
l
Related resources
September 11, 2010 5:27:35 PM

Are there any mid size towers with removable mobo tray? Thanks.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 11, 2010 8:08:06 PM

Why do you want a mid tower with a removable motherboard tray? What do you want this for? And removable mobo trays have died out lately. Most because of CPU cutout and cable managment giving it little to no purpose.
m
l
a c 165 ) Power supply
September 12, 2010 12:12:13 AM

the HAF looks like it may over take the antec 300 as best budget case, although I find the antec looks better. For $60, they could color it baby blue inside for all I care.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 12, 2010 12:27:27 AM

Yup. CoolerMaster really has a winning budget case on their hands with that HAF 912. The inside color can easily be fixed with a $10 can of automotive spray paint.

As for the HAF 912 not having fans, I don't really mind as I usually replace the stock fans with some Yate Loon, Scythe,etc.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 12, 2010 1:00:16 AM

Well, if you plan on getting new fans, it loses some of its value in my opinion, as whats the point of putting $50 worth of fans in a $60 case. The 690 II Advanced would be better in that respect. But at it current price, it will fly off the shelves. Just would have prefered black interior. To be honest, cable management and HDD rack actually look better than the 922 and 932. I wish they made a remake of the 932 and 922 with black interior, better cable managment, like that off the HAF X, and maybe a few other things. Any opinions on the other case?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 12, 2010 1:09:22 AM

Quote:
Well, if you plan on getting new fans, it loses some of its value in my opinion, as whats the point of putting $50 worth of fans in a $60 case.

I'd do it even in a HAF 932, so that really doesn't matter.

As for the Arvina, I think it's over priced and there are better cases for the same price or a bit more.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 12, 2010 1:25:49 AM

Actually, there are some cheaper Enermax fans that are great, for only $8, so i guess you would save some money over $20 noctua fans. The Arvina was interesting to me. This is from a very new company, and the companies first flagship case. Of course, i can think of some cases better than it, a few for less, but still, for a first attempt, it isnt bad. Not terrible looking front view, black interior, decent cable management, generous CPU cutout, GREAT front panel as far as mesh covers that go down with the dvd drive to keep things uniform and the added card reader. While THIS case isnt amazing, decent, but not amazing at its price, i still expect some decent things from them later on.
m
l
a c 165 ) Power supply
September 12, 2010 1:34:30 AM

ares1214 said:
Well, if you plan on getting new fans, it loses some of its value in my opinion

some people already own the fans or simply prefer their brand of fan.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 12, 2010 2:19:07 AM

^ Hell Yeah!

Btw, as for the fans, I know a lot of people who would buy a case like this and put their own fans in. It would be a waste for them to have to pay for fans that they won't use....
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 12, 2010 2:41:32 AM

That will likely retail for $79.99-89.99. And believe me, im considering buying it and putting my $60 worth of fans in there! :lol:  Although might have some steep competition in the 690 II. Thats the Pro. The Asian version called the "elite" also gets a side window, so we might see that too.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 12, 2010 5:00:12 PM

The DF-85 is a pretty bad case if you ask me. UGLY as anything, stupid DVD covers, and just not an "upgrade" from the 1200, more of a horizontal shift. For more money when it came out too. I would have been happy if they just fixed the few things wrong with the 1200, not make it "different"or worse. Although at that price it isnt as big of a disappointment as when it was released.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 13, 2010 7:12:11 PM

Some serious mesh. But its a rosewill, so quality is either, well great or terrible. Interior doesnt look that bad. A bit small though...
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 13, 2010 9:18:04 PM

Shadow703793 said:
Interesting design at the least. I wonder how thick that mesh is (1/8"?). Imo, it's over priced. Put it at $50-55 and I'll bite for the sake of trying it out.

Americans who cant use metric [:mousemonkey:2] but looks a bit thinner maybe 2mm
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 13, 2010 10:10:20 PM

I was interested until i saw the size and price of it. :pfff: 
m
l
September 30, 2010 10:22:31 PM

sentey is s***... its a brand from my country and its know for making very bad quality case and psu... so i woldnt recomend it to anyone
m
l
!