Asus engtx275 what is it i don't get?

mixuz

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
I bought the card yesterday. It has 2 pci-e external power connectors but I only got 1 molex-to-pci-e cable..
When I look around on the net it seems that Asus only provide 1 cable?? For two connectors...

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
It's probably because Asus assumes that you would have at least 1 PCI-E power connector from your power supply. You can buy another Molex to PCI-E converter to have two of them, but my suspicion is that your power supply may not be up to par in order to run it effectively. What PSU are you using?

+1 to telling us what PSU you have. A quality PSU that's up to the challenge of powering the GTX 275 will have at least two PCI-E power connectors. You shouldn't even need to use the adapter unless you're using a cheap PSU that isn't really meant to power that level of GPU in the first place.

mixuz

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
No.. No pci-e connectors. But thanks for your answers. I have to get a new psu to run this graphic card..

Yep, time for a quality PSU. I highly doubt your PSU has enough Amps on the 12v rail to power the GPU even if you got another adapter. Where are you located? We could give some PSU suggestions if you give us a budget and what country you're located in.