Asus M4a88td-v evo/usb3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodabit

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I am a newbie who just recently put together a computer with the following specs

mobo - asus m4a88td-v evo/usb3
ram - corsair xms3 ddr3 86b 2x4gb - cmx8gx3m2a2000c9

When I turn on the power, the all the fans come on including the onboard green LED indicating that the board is getting power. However, the system does not boot up and the DRAM_LED light is on continously. I pressed teh MEMOK switch but nothing happened after the system went through its routine. My monitor is showing no signal and the speaker did not make any sound. Could this be a RAM issue?

Any ideas

Thanks!

jodabit

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
i put only 1 4g memory in slot 3 instead of slot one and the system booted. If i put the memory in slot 1, 2 or 4, the system will not boot - Any ideas?? It appears to be a memory issue. Where can I find compatible memory for this board

jodabit

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
actually only the slots b1 and b2 appear to be working for my memory - i currently have 8g memory - 4 in each slot and the bios confirms this information - the manual recommended slots a1 and a2

vincentsmith2982

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hi there, I was about to buy the same MOBO and Ram when I found this post, I had never had any trouble with ram in my other computers, but I am coriuos to know if your MOBO finally worked with this ram?

lcglobal

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I spent almost 2 days to figure out why the dual channel memory in my PC that had worked fine for the last year would no longer post. I could get 1 stick to boot in slot 4 and that was it. I was ready to throw in the towel when I read this post. Thank yo so much. My CPU cooler backing was touching the frame and grounding out my processor. I am up and running on 8Gigs and life is good again.

Status
Not open for further replies.