I would like to pre-configure MSN Messenger so that when I open the program
my status would immediately be shown as busy.
At the present time when it comes up on-line inevitable 6 or 7 friends also
on-line "pounce". It really is such a pain that I'm thinking of going back
to ICQ if there isn't a simple solution. On ICQ you can remain invisible
until you are ready to 'face the world'!!!!

Version 7.0 which is still in beta will allow you to sign in as online,
offline, busy, etc. :)

"Fred Pickering" <netmask56@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to pre-configure MSN Messenger so that when I open the program
>my status would immediately be shown as busy.
> At the present time when it comes up on-line inevitable 6 or 7 friends
> also on-line "pounce". It really is such a pain that I'm thinking of going
> back to ICQ if there isn't a simple solution. On ICQ you can remain
> invisible until you are ready to 'face the world'!!!!

Try Trillian from http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/. There's a free version.
It's also compatible with multiple systems and allows secure connections
between Trillian clients.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

"Fred Pickering" <netmask56@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to pre-configure MSN Messenger so that when I open the program
>my status would immediately be shown as busy.
> At the present time when it comes up on-line inevitable 6 or 7 friends
> also on-line "pounce". It really is such a pain that I'm thinking of going
> back to ICQ if there isn't a simple solution. On ICQ you can remain
> invisible until you are ready to 'face the world'!!!!

Try MSN Plus Enhancement