Sign in with
Your question

Western Digital or Seagate?

Last response: in Storage
September 15, 2012 9:31:41 AM

I've heard very good things about Seagate. My brother uses that particular product too as an external hard drive and it seems to be doing pretty well.

We're about to buy a new CPU and as I was researching on specs (to not have any uneducated buys anymore), I came upon Western Digital and I've read some pretty good reviews about that too. Plus, I think it's more affordable than Seagate.

So, which one do I go for?
I am currently choosing between a Seagate 1TB 7200rpm SATA and a WB 1TB SATA 3.0 Blue.

Also, since I'm not really an expert on this (obviously. haha), what makes a really good CPU?
I want a really fast one since I edit a lot of videos and photographs (i.e. Photoshop, Premiere, Vegas Pro, Flash).
And I think it's also inevitable that my brother would be adding lots of computer games onto that new thing.
Your opinions will be highly appreciated. :) 
a c 79 G Storage
September 15, 2012 9:55:50 PM

On hard drive recommendation each person you ask will probably have had a different experience with those two brands. Based on my own I would have to recommend WD over Seagate. Truth be told though, they are probably 50/50 statistically as regards reliability - but with external hard drives I would always choose a WD.
!