Western Digital or Seagate?

I've heard very good things about Seagate. My brother uses that particular product too as an external hard drive and it seems to be doing pretty well.

We're about to buy a new CPU and as I was researching on specs (to not have any uneducated buys anymore), I came upon Western Digital and I've read some pretty good reviews about that too. Plus, I think it's more affordable than Seagate.

So, which one do I go for?
I am currently choosing between a Seagate 1TB 7200rpm SATA and a WB 1TB SATA 3.0 Blue.

Also, since I'm not really an expert on this (obviously. haha), what makes a really good CPU?
I want a really fast one since I edit a lot of videos and photographs (i.e. Photoshop, Premiere, Vegas Pro, Flash).
And I think it's also inevitable that my brother would be adding lots of computer games onto that new thing.
Your opinions will be highly appreciated. :)
1 answer Last reply
More about western digital seagate
  1. On hard drive recommendation each person you ask will probably have had a different experience with those two brands. Based on my own I would have to recommend WD over Seagate. Truth be told though, they are probably 50/50 statistically as regards reliability - but with external hard drives I would always choose a WD.
Ask a new question

Read More

Western Digital Seagate External Hard Drive Storage