A8M2N-LA BIOS Update failed, computer won't boot?

blackprimehunter

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Alright so, I was using a Windows Based BIOS updater downloaded from the HP Support website (which i'll never do again btw) and it asked me to restart my comp. Upon restarting I found that the computer would turn on but it wouldn't show me the bios, just a black screen and the monitor remained blank as if it weren't getting a signal. Sometimes the monitor would blink but it would remain blank.

So I think I probably screwed up the BIOS, this computer is about 5yrs old and I don't think anyone sells the A8M2N-LA (NAOS) anymore, I looked on ebay and new ones were like $60-70 which is out of my price range. Is there a possibility of fixing this one? Maybe buying a new BIOS chip and replacing it with the old one? I heard somewhere that you can do that, but I'm not sure if it's possible with my mobo. Or should I just trash the Board?

Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

blackprimehunter

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Wait, What if I can replace the BIOS chip? Is that possible? If so do you know where I can buy one? I don't know if it'll be possible on my motherboard, but if it comes down to it, I'd much rater buy a new motherboard then a new whole new computer :\

blackprimehunter

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Yeah, I searched it up and I'm pretty sure I'd have to do some soldering, which I'm definitely not good with. Buying a new motherboard would fix the problem though right? It looks like that's my only other option right know, expect buying a new computer.

pmcurtis85

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011

Which MOBO are you going with? the 939 platform is out dateded