Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Want WinXP not change Daylight Savings in 2k domain

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:29:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

I know that this sounds strange, but I have a requirement for one WinXP PC to
NOT change it’s time when our Win2k DC’s change their clocks to reflect
daylight savings.

Bottom line: When the servers change from Eastern Standard Time to Eastern
Daylight Savings Time, I have one PC that must stay on Eastern Standard Time,
and not get it’s time changed from the DC’s. Is there a way to prevent this
from happening?

One thought was to do a registry hack on the PC, and change the following
parameter:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters

Type : REG_SZ
Used to control how a computer synchronizes.
NoSync = do not synchronize time

Is this the way to go, or is there a GPO that I can implement? Or, would it
be much simpler to change the clock setting on the desk top, and uncheck the
option to “Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes?�

What do you all think?
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 2:34:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Keith

If just one computer needs to be changed, it may well be simpler to walk
over to it and make the change manually..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm





"KeithD." <keith_duckworth@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
news:D C2C0180-DD26-415B-AB76-64173C6715D2@microsoft.com...
>I know that this sounds strange, but I have a requirement for one WinXP PC
>to
> NOT change it's time when our Win2k DC's change their clocks to reflect
> daylight savings.
>
> Bottom line: When the servers change from Eastern Standard Time to Eastern
> Daylight Savings Time, I have one PC that must stay on Eastern Standard
> Time,
> and not get it's time changed from the DC's. Is there a way to prevent
> this
> from happening?
>
> One thought was to do a registry hack on the PC, and change the following
> parameter:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters
>
> Type : REG_SZ
> Used to control how a computer synchronizes.
> NoSync = do not synchronize time
>
> Is this the way to go, or is there a GPO that I can implement? Or, would
> it
> be much simpler to change the clock setting on the desk top, and uncheck
> the
> option to "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes?"
>
> What do you all think?
>
!