Your question

Ga-p55m-ud2 startup

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 14, 2010 6:51:09 PM

Hello,

I had been wanting to build a computer for years and this past April went ahead and did it. I have a i7-860 with 4GB DDR G.Skill, a Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770, an LG Blu-Ray Drive, 2 WD Hard Drives, and 1 Avermedia Digital Dual Tuner attached to a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 inside of a Silverstone GD01B-R HTPC case.

My problem is that when I turn it on the system doesn't boot up. I get the 'Power' and 'HDD' lights to turn on (the former is constant, the latter is intermittent). I hear fans running but that's it. If I reset it or turn it off and on again it boots up fine with no error messages. I have no idea where to go from here.

This is my first build so I could have easily wired it improperly. Any thoughts?

More about : p55m ud2 startup

a b B Homebuilt system
July 14, 2010 8:47:04 PM

Check out the "no post" sticky.

Did your system work after you built in april or has it not functioned since you built?
m
l
July 15, 2010 4:04:58 AM

banthracis said:
Check out the "no post" sticky.

Did your system work after you built in april or has it not functioned since you built?

Yes, no different than it does now, and in fact, I'm using it right now. It does everything beatifully once it's on. Well, almost everything - Flash video seems a little choppy when things move from side-to-side. My DVD's and Blu-Ray's that I have stored on the HDD run flawlessly and th computer seems to run fine. The only truly weird problem is that when I turn it on I either have to do so twice or do a hard reset, otherwise nothing happens.
m
l
!