Case Cooling

jezz369

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Hi,
Im looking for some 140mm fans for my Lancool K62 case to achieve better cooling.
Any suggestions on what i should get?
Thanks!

AMW1011

Distinguished
G

Either get Xigmateks or Yates, like the above person said. But if you more longevity from your fans, look for ones with ball bearings or fluid bearings. As long as you aren't push air through a radiator, pressure shouldn't really be a concern.

I have the Lian Li / Lancool Dragon Lord K-60 case with the narrow side window. Ventilation, airflow, and cooling are very good with the stock fans. However, if you want to improve cooling, then you might want to consider creating a wind tunnel effect by adding a second fan to the front panel and installing it so that it lines up with the cpu heatsink and the case fan on the rear panel.

Here is a link to a web page with a few photos and an explanation:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/dragon-lord/index.html

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009

I really like that fan configuration, I'd never thought of something like that before now and it seems to improve cooling a fair bit too. Any info on when the rest of your site will be finished?

moody89 - hehehehe - The site may never be finished. My original intent was to just have a site with all of the reference material that I consult when I answer questions. My favorites tab in Internet Explorer is getting too large and unwieldy. I was planning on retiring. Instead, I am still working.

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009

I know how you mean, I've had to have a spring clean of my bookmarks too ;) If you add any more content to your site let us know - I might have to bookmark one more site now!