Xp Home (Apology for multiple postings)

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
November 7, 2004 2:33:15 AM

Oops trying to post with newsbin, accidentally send this out more than once, apologies. Not trying to spam.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 7, 2004 3:36:27 PM

I was wondering the same thing though. I bought a new Dell 9200
Inspiron and I just got the Home edition because I have the pro, can I
just put the pro in and have it know that I have Home edition already
and just install the extra components, or will it want to install the
whole damn thing. Any help would be great! Thank you!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2004 6:36:24 AM

You can do an "upgrade" if you use a version of XP [Pro] that supports
upgrade installations. Retail copies do, but OEM copies do not, in general.

!