Sign in with
Your question

Another quick SSD quetion!

Last response: in Storage
September 16, 2012 3:24:36 AM

Hello,

I have a Samsung NP550P7C and was also hoping to add a an SSD in the second memeory bay. Th drive fits in their beautifully but alas no connector cable!! I have rummaged through the box the laptop came in but their is nothing i it!! Does anyone know the product code or name for the adaptor?? How the hell can i get a hold of one!!

More about : quick ssd quetion

a c 104 G Storage
September 16, 2012 3:53:36 AM

hi there,

Not sure where you are going to place this addt SSD, in place of the BlueRay?
The tech spes say there are 2 slots for 2 sticks of RAM already installled, 4GB + 2GB.
It doesn't show another I/O slot.

Check your manual and be as specificas you can, where you would be placing it.

Interesting that the samsung tech page on this laptop does have a user manual that's downloadable but it is an exe file?? and it does not have a valid digital signatue, so I'm not going to open it, out of safety.
September 23, 2012 12:26:03 AM

John_VanKirk said:
hi there,

Not sure where you are going to place this addt SSD, in place of the BlueRay?
The tech spes say there are 2 slots for 2 sticks of RAM already installled, 4GB + 2GB.
It doesn't show another I/O slot.

Check your manual and be as specificas you can, where you would be placing it.

Interesting that the samsung tech page on this laptop does have a user manual that's downloadable but it is an exe file?? and it does not have a valid digital signatue, so I'm not going to open it, out of safety.

Thanks ever so much for your reply, yes the manual does seem strange and is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. The model i have has a 1TB memory and soace for a second, i wont be altering the 6Gb ram. The blu ray drive is completely separate so Im not sure if we are talking about the same computer. Would you by any chance know the prodict code for the cable? judging by the internal bay it looks like it will have to be a Samsung own make cable. Ive emailed them but theyve just emailed me back a list of suppliers without actually telling me what needs ordering.

Thanks again for any help you can offer. Maybe if you saw the picture in the manual you would be able to advise me it didnt do mine any harm downloading it but i understand it would be a rather trusting move on your behalf. Generic samsung SSD cable for laptop... thats what i want! But what is it!!
September 23, 2012 12:28:13 AM

apologies for typing on my mobile!! does tend to mess with your spelling.
!