kitchen666

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Greetings Experts!

I'm building an HTPC in a slim case and looking for a +350w PSU to fit it. The case size is non-negotiable (has to fit in a tiny little shelf below my TV).

The case comes with a 270W PSU. I'd like to throw in a decent low-profile gfx card, but most of them need more oomph from the power supply, so I'm prolly gonna upgrade it.

The included PSU appears to be TFX form factor -- in fact I believe this is the exact one. Measurements are roughly: 6.7" long x 3.3" high x 2.5" wide. There's room in the case to get about an inch wider and several inches longer.

So I guess my question is... does a PSU exist that'll fit this space? I've found several 300w PSUs and will go with one of those if I can't find anything better.

Also, I'm willing to drill and cut to get a fit for something that isn't exactly the right size. However, I can't really compromise on height... this baby needs to fit on a tiny shelf in my entertainment center.

Finally, if I can't find a better PSU -- any recommendations on a gfx card that'll work well on 300w-ish?

kitchen666

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Thanks for the recommendation - I've seen that PSU, and it's currently my top pick. However... are there any that do more than 300w, or is that the upper limit for this form factor?

kitchen666

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010

350 would actually be fine - but I can't even find that. However, that list of gfx cards will come in handy when I finally give up on this!

kitchen666

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010

Thanks for this, and for the advice. I'll be getting one of these two PSUs for sure, when I place my gfx card order!