Cheapest build with this hardware

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Any day now

BUDGET RANGE: As cheap as possible

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Adobe After Effects

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor, keyboard, mouse, os

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: Intel i5 750, Ati Hd 5870,

OVERCLOCKING: Probably not anytime soon, but you never know.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Depends on mobo and CPU compatibilty I guess. (I don't know much about Crossfire.)

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I just want some help seeing what the cheapest route is with an i5 750 and hd 5870. I want chose the 5870 because I want to try gaming on my 47 inch lcd. So I figured the 5870 would give me decent fps. Another reason I am posting here is because I don't know jack about motherboards. So I don't want to waste money on incompatible hardware.
3 answers Last reply
More about cheapest build hardware
  1. Assuming you want quality parts, with the upgrade potential with Crossfire (which depends entirely on the board and PSU), here's the cheapest I'd go with the i5 and 5870:

CPU/Mobo: i5-750 and Asus P7P55D-E Pro $360
    RAM/PSU: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 and Corsair 850W $190 after rebate
    GPU: HD 5870 $385 after rebate (with free game)
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB $75
    Case: HAF 922 $90
    Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner $19

Total: $1,119

Also, size of the screen doesn't affect performance, only resolution.
  2. I like your build, $1100 is a realistic figure for me. I originally wanted to go with an Amd x4 965 be, but Everyone said I would be better off getting a i5 750. So that's why I came here for pricing options.
  3. You wouldn't necessarily be better off with the i5. It's just a little more powerful than the X4s. That said, you'd have an upgrade path for the CPU with the X4, and you'd save around $100. If you're interested, check out the X4 955 (the same as the 965 except without a factory overclock) and a Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product