WD3000HLFS password after format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kortex

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
I just used BCWipe Total Wipeout on three drives. Now, when I try to boot up, the Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager says "One or more hard disk drives are locked with a password. Reboot your system and enter a password for any locked dive or remove the locked drive." Well, I was never prompted for a password. I can't get into BIOS unless I unhook that hard drive (there isn't a place in bios to enter a hard drive password anyway). I have isolated the hard drive (by unhooking them one by one) and it's one of the WD3000HLFS. I have looked online for jumper settings but can't find anything useful. It was running in RAID0 with the other WD3000HLFS. I un-raided them ran total wipeout on each. I have no idea what to do :(. My motherboard is an Asus P6T deluxe v.2 by the way. Does anyone know what happened or how I can fix it?

Solution
Well, unfortunately assistance with password circumvention is not allowed on this site. My advice would be to contact your hard drive and/or motherboard manufacturer and see if they can help you.

benji720

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Well, unfortunately assistance with password circumvention is not allowed on this site. My advice would be to contact your hard drive and/or motherboard manufacturer and see if they can help you.

Solution

kortex

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
I am not asking for assistance with password circumvention. I just wiped the disks. None of the three were password protected before the wipe. Now, one of them is saying it has a password. I know this has to be a bug, because I'm never even prompted for a password. I could not care less what's on the disks, because I just wiped them! I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to reset the disk firmware perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS