MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Not booting

My pc
PSU:Ultra 650w
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k
MOBO:MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67
Video Card:ATI 6950 GIGABYTE 2GB.
HDD:SEAGATE 1TB
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL


Explanation

I recently changed my motherboard from gigabyte+amd 955(worked flawlessly) to an intel core i7 2600k and the current mobo, i kept all the previous components and now i am having trouble booting up my pc. It starts and all the comps seem to work no beep but the monitor LED turns off and on and there is not even a "no signal" notice therefore i dont think its my video card causing the issue.

What could it be? I heard that CPU is the least faulty component.

Is the memory compatible or should i switch? worked fine on previous build.
Or is it the mobo?



Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
8
answers
Last reply
More about p67a 1155 booting
  1. aslator said:
    My pc
    PSU:Ultra 650w
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k
    MOBO:MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67
    Video Card:ATI 6950 GIGABYTE 2GB.
    HDD:SEAGATE 1TB
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL


    Explanation

    I recently changed my motherboard from gigabyte+amd 955(worked flawlessly) to an intel core i7 2600k and the current mobo, i kept all the previous components and now i am having trouble booting up my pc. It starts and all the comps seem to work no beep but the monitor LED turns off and on and there is not even a "no signal" notice therefore i dont think its my video card causing the issue.

    What could it be? I heard that CPU is the least faulty component.

    Is the memory compatible or should i switch? worked fine on previous build.
    Or is it the mobo?



    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks


    I would try another video card first. Also check your connections on the video card, monitor, mobo, all power connectors to make sure everything is plugged in all the way. If that does not work than you could try reseting the bios on the motherboard. If that does not work than try testing your psu. I don't trust Ultra and I would not run a 6950 on a 650 watt psu. I have a 750w Ocz and I'm powering a 6870. The biggest mistake people make when building a system is going to cheap on the psu and buying everything else and whatever money is left over buying a psu. Big mistake. Psu comes first, then case, cooling, mobo ect. Try what I've said and let me know what happends. Good Luck. Also go to this power supply website http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp that allows you to see how much Amps and watts you are pulling, and see if you have enough for a 650. Also how long have you been using this power supply? If you have been using it for a long time than there is capacitor aging which means taht you your psu cant put out as many watts and this happends over use from year to year those caps produce less and less power. Good luck.

    Sorry I was tierd writing this, so plz excuse the grammer.
  2. I am understanding this as there is no video displayed and that you are not trying to start up on your old Windows install from your old system.
    650 watts is plenty for that setup. Follow this trouble shooting guide step by step http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-13-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems and you can use the breadboarding link in there to find the culprit.
  3. You cannot boot new hardware on a hardrive that has old hardware drivers on it.

    You always do a fresh Windows install with new motherboard.
  4. geekapproved said:
    You cannot boot new hardware on a hardrive that has old hardware drivers on it.

    You always do a fresh Windows install with new motherboard.

    You can so, but it may well complain. And you definitely don't have to do a fresh install. Anyhow, it would display the CMOS/BIOS setup. It isn't doing that, so your post is not relevant.
  5. aslator said:
    My pc
    PSU:Ultra 650w
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k
    MOBO:MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67
    Video Card:ATI 6950 GIGABYTE 2GB.
    HDD:SEAGATE 1TB
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL


    Explanation

    I recently changed my motherboard from gigabyte+amd 955(worked flawlessly) to an intel core i7 2600k and the current mobo, i kept all the previous components and now i am having trouble booting up my pc. It starts and all the comps seem to work no beep but the monitor LED turns off and on and there is not even a "no signal" notice therefore i dont think its my video card causing the issue.

    What could it be? I heard that CPU is the least faulty component.

    Is the memory compatible or should i switch? worked fine on previous build.
    Or is it the mobo?



    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I see you're going from AMD to Core-i. You probably didn't know that the memory slot order is different. Because Core-i processors use on-module memory termination, the last slot of each channel gets filled first. Take the memory out of the blue slots and put it in the black slots.

    If you still have the same problem after doing that, please let us know.
  6. Thanks for the replies but it was my dumb monitor not working in hdmi or dvi controller. Funny cause the component works fine on my ps3.....

    So no problem whatsoever just my monitor worned out and needs to rma because its been only 1 year.

    But before you leave i had to remove the cpu to check if i put it right... and maybe some thermal contact worn off a little bit because the motherboard bios in the OC section is displaying 55 degrees celcious is that normal(the bar reaches red section)? Room temp 74 degrees. also hardware monitor displays 40 degrees celcious each core Which one should i believe.

    PS: the psu is a good brand has 5 star reviews across the board and costs 55 bucks and is capable of handling a 6950 since my friend does it with a 550w. Im sorry but i dont share your opinion where someone dishes out 100+ dollars for a 5-10 year span corsair power supply and spend less on cpu and vga. I know ill switch my pc in 3-4 years therefore i just need an antec or anything that can get me through that timeframe and enjoy higher frames per second or better visuals.
  7. did you put on fresh thermal grease or just leave the old coat on? You should always clean the thermal grease and reapply if you take the hsf off.
  8. crewton said:
    did you put on fresh thermal grease or just leave the old coat on? You should always clean the thermal grease and reapply if you take the hsf off.

    Won't cause major problems if you don't. I've done it, and, if anything, my temps dropped 10 degrees (Intel stock HSF & TIM).
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel