Your question

Wich sound card should i buy?

Last response: in Components
September 12, 2010 4:34:21 PM

im between asus xonar dx or creative sound blaster x-fi titanium fatal1ty

i will use ir for gaming listen to music and watch movies

More about : wich sound card buy

September 12, 2010 8:13:34 PM

Creative! Cambridge University Of Audio!

Enough Said!

LOL, no i joke. Creative is a much clearer crisper sound as apposed to Asus Xonar range.
m
l
September 12, 2010 8:18:06 PM

lol please with more comon words... see, english its not my natiive languaje... i didnt understand the last phrase
m
l
Related resources
September 12, 2010 9:04:43 PM

that brand its not abiable in my country :S only creative and asus
m
l
September 12, 2010 9:47:33 PM

In that case the fatal1ty is the best sound card between the two companies.
m
l
September 13, 2010 9:30:59 AM

Juanchioo said:
im between asus xonar dx or creative sound blaster x-fi titanium fatal1ty

i will use ir for gaming listen to music and watch movies

I prefer asus xonar dx depending the price and quality.

m
l
September 13, 2010 3:48:22 PM

i get asus for $165 and the creative for $189 (i know.. my country is very expensive)
m
l
September 13, 2010 3:49:23 PM

ohh and i dont know if i should get pci 1 or pci e

and im watching it and the asus dont look to have 7.1 sound...
m
l
September 13, 2010 4:37:41 PM

asus xonar dx is an enthusiast
m
l
September 13, 2010 6:04:10 PM

jsphdickens said:
In that case the fatal1ty is the best sound card between the two companies.

Ummm...no its not. The DX offers a higher SnR (116dB versus 108dB), a higher maximum playback sample rate (192KHz versus 96KHz), and, heaven forbid, offers drivers that work.
m
l
September 13, 2010 6:10:37 PM

but which one is better for gaming music and movies?
m
l
September 13, 2010 7:24:48 PM

The DX. Music and movies is a no-contest; thats ASUS's strongpoint. Its closer in gaming, but with EAX's depriciation, and ASUS's recent ability to handle EAX 5 emulation, the DX still pulls ahead of the Fatality.
m
l
September 13, 2010 7:39:08 PM

so no benefits from the creative????
m
l
September 14, 2010 5:04:50 PM

Yeah im not hearing a great response from the Creative sound? I've always known Creative to be a very good quality sound manufacture?
m
l
September 14, 2010 5:07:10 PM

... if creative dont have any advantage and the asus has sorround sound i think i will go for asus... also there is the oportunity for me to buy it in usa and bring it to my country... in that case should i buy an ht omega?
m
l
September 14, 2010 7:19:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah im not hearing a great response from the Creative sound? I've always known Creative to be a very good quality sound manufacture?

After Creative ran Aureal out of the market, their quality went to ****. Drivers are not stable (Read the whole Daniel_K fiasco for backstory on that], quality on their cards is lower then ASUS, Auzentech (which ironically uses the same chipset, just with higher quality parts), and HT Omega, and their only native advantage, EAX, is basically a dead standard (which ASUS cards can now emulate).

Creative USED to be the gold standard; they got by for the last decade due to owning most of the market, and the fact everyone jumped on the EAX bandwagon. With EAX depriciated, and better quality cards on the market, their continued driver problems essentially disqualifies them as a decent brand.

[Note: EAX is a spec for advanced environmental effects in games that have EAX support. Very few EAX titles, if any, have been released in the past two years, but in part to Vista/7's removing of hardware accelerated Directsound support]
m
l
September 14, 2010 7:23:11 PM

so please tell me the name of the best card for gaming music and movies (gaming primary) for arround $100
m
l
September 14, 2010 10:15:30 PM

Wow Gamerk, so thats it hey. I havent used creative audio cards for a very long time the last card i had was about 5 years ago and it was absolutely brilliant, i also imported a pair of HS-1200 Wireless headsets this year and they are fantastic! I do know for a fact there driver incompatibility as-well as support is up to SH**! I did not know that Aureal had bought out there market?

Well that being said i have seem to have lost my taste in the brand....sigh...=(

Thanks for your reply Gamerk.
m
l
September 16, 2010 9:25:32 PM

jsphdickens said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I would get this one. From what I hear Creative has been getting lazy when it comes to writing their drivers, and from what I hear the Asus cards give mixed results.

this item is PCI.some mobos do not even have this feature.it is starting to phase out but yes,it is a nice sound card.Just gotta make sure that it is compatible with the motherboard.
m
l
September 16, 2010 9:47:50 PM

well i think the best two for arround $100 are ht omega striker and asus xonar dx wich one should i get... should i consider another one?
m
l
September 17, 2010 12:11:45 PM

^^ Both use the same (or very simmilar) C-Media chipset. The differences between them, feature wise:

The DX lacks DTS encoding over the optical port, but offers EAX 5.0 emulation.
The Striker offers both Dolby/DTS encoding over hte optical port, but lacks EAX 5.0 emulation.

Those two cards in particular are REALLY close to eachother; unless you plan to use the optical port, the DX wins due to support for EAX 5.0, even if it is emulated.
m
l
September 17, 2010 4:07:48 PM

i want to connect them headsets and 5.1 speakers
m
l
September 17, 2010 4:40:57 PM

For the 5.1 speakers, do you plan to use Analog or Digital? If Digital, do you have DTS decoding support?
m
l
September 17, 2010 4:46:47 PM

i dont know... :p  sorry i think digital is coaxial right?
m
l
September 17, 2010 7:44:24 PM

Yes, Coax and Optical are both digital.

Next question then: Are you hooking up your digital speakers (coax) directly to the soundcard? If so, I take it they have native support for either Dolby or DTS (possibly both) formats?

SPDIF (The audio standard Coax uses) is limited to three formats:
2.0 PCM
5.1 Dolby Digital [and possibly 6.1 Dolby Digital EX)
5.1 DTS

As such, your 5.1 speakers can probably decode either dolby or DTS...In any case, both the DX and the Striker support encoding to 5.1 Dolby Digital, and the Striker supports encoding to DTS. [DTS is generally accepted as the superior format, due to a higher bitrate]. If you have DTS support, then you'd probablly be better off with the Striker over the DX.

[If the Dolby/DTS encoding/decoding stuff gets confusing, I'll go back a step or two; I screwed up myself the first time I went through it all :D ]
m
l
September 17, 2010 7:48:07 PM

i dont have them right now... i will buy them... im thinking in some klipsch ones but i dont remember te model :Si want to know if its posible with any of them to have conected both at the same time... i dont want to conect one or other every time i want to use speakers or headphones
m
l
September 17, 2010 7:48:43 PM

i want headphones with analog and speakers with coaxial
m
l
February 14, 2012 12:23:11 AM

Do you plan to go optical ... If not i think this card is your best bet also it has many features and its still under 150 bucks
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... Its the Creative SOUND BLASTER X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card plus it does 5.1 also just check out the features..
m
l
February 14, 2012 11:02:48 AM

...bump much?
m
l
!