Wich sound card should i buy?

lihuahellen

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

I prefer asus xonar dx depending the price and quality.

Ummm...no its not. The DX offers a higher SnR (116dB versus 108dB), a higher maximum playback sample rate (192KHz versus 96KHz), and, heaven forbid, offers drivers that work.

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
... if creative dont have any advantage and the asus has sorround sound i think i will go for asus... also there is the oportunity for me to buy it in usa and bring it to my country... in that case should i buy an ht omega?

Yeah im not hearing a great response from the Creative sound? I've always known Creative to be a very good quality sound manufacture?

After Creative ran Aureal out of the market, their quality went to ****. Drivers are not stable (Read the whole Daniel_K fiasco for backstory on that], quality on their cards is lower then ASUS, Auzentech (which ironically uses the same chipset, just with higher quality parts), and HT Omega, and their only native advantage, EAX, is basically a dead standard (which ASUS cards can now emulate).

Creative USED to be the gold standard; they got by for the last decade due to owning most of the market, and the fact everyone jumped on the EAX bandwagon. With EAX depriciated, and better quality cards on the market, their continued driver problems essentially disqualifies them as a decent brand.

[Note: EAX is a spec for advanced environmental effects in games that have EAX support. Very few EAX titles, if any, have been released in the past two years, but in part to Vista/7's removing of hardware accelerated Directsound support]

Pilk

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Wow Gamerk, so thats it hey. I havent used creative audio cards for a very long time the last card i had was about 5 years ago and it was absolutely brilliant, i also imported a pair of HS-1200 Wireless headsets this year and they are fantastic! I do know for a fact there driver incompatibility as-well as support is up to SH**! I did not know that Aureal had bought out there market?

Well that being said i have seem to have lost my taste in the brand....sigh...=(

Thanks for your reply Gamerk.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

this item is PCI.some mobos do not even have this feature.it is starting to phase out but yes,it is a nice sound card.Just gotta make sure that it is compatible with the motherboard.

^^ Both use the same (or very simmilar) C-Media chipset. The differences between them, feature wise:

The DX lacks DTS encoding over the optical port, but offers EAX 5.0 emulation.
The Striker offers both Dolby/DTS encoding over hte optical port, but lacks EAX 5.0 emulation.

Those two cards in particular are REALLY close to eachother; unless you plan to use the optical port, the DX wins due to support for EAX 5.0, even if it is emulated.