retaining user details on login

hi
We are using Windows XP. Is it possible to set up a macro button on the
taskbar to insert login details into a crm login page?
For security reasons we don't want username and password automatically to
display when we open the CRM program but the user details we have to type in
are very long and it's causing some problems with our userbase.

We thought that if there was some way of storing the details(not password)
on the desktop and just clicking on it to insert it when needed it would
speed things up. Has anybody got any ideas please?

I know that you can set the browser options to remember the username and
password, we only want to remember the username.

Thanks

null

Dianeg wrote:
> hi
> We are using Windows XP. Is it possible to set up a macro button on the
> taskbar to insert login details into a crm login page?
> For security reasons we don't want username and password automatically to
> display when we open the CRM program but the user details we have to type in
> are very long and it's causing some problems with our userbase.
>
> We thought that if there was some way of storing the details(not password)
> on the desktop and just clicking on it to insert it when needed it would
> speed things up. Has anybody got any ideas please?
>
> I know that you can set the browser options to remember the username and
> password, we only want to remember the username.
>
> Thanks

If it's that difficult to type, why not put it into a notepad document
on the desktop. Then all the user has to do is double-click to open the
document, then cut and paste the username into the login box.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.