Sign in with
Your question

HP Pavillion stuck on blue screen

Last response: in CPUs
September 12, 2010 4:49:25 PM

Computer wont go to safe mode, computer wont do anything other than display a blue HP screen. Has system options listed at bottom, boot, recovery etc. but doesnt acknowledge any keyboard buttons. Was told power supply so i replaced it and nothing. Any further help much appreciated!
September 12, 2010 5:10:16 PM

Hi Ink.

Where is this blue screen ac-curing? in Bios? or just before the OS boots? Does it happen at the exact same time?

Let me know there are a fews things it could be.

Kindest Regards Rob."
m
l
September 12, 2010 5:22:59 PM

Pilk said:
Hi Ink.

Where is this blue screen ac-curing? in Bios? or just before the OS boots? Does it happen at the exact same time?

Let me know there are a fews things it could be.

Kindest Regards Rob."

Tks for replying Rob,
It is before bios, when i power up...the blue HP screen is almost immediate and I cant get it to respond or doing anything after that.
m
l
Related resources
a c 103 à CPUs
a b α HP
September 12, 2010 7:27:02 PM

So it's freezing at the HP splash screen that normally hides BIOS post information.

Could be a hardware problem, try clearing cmos, if you can then get into bios, disable full screen logo or whatever HP will call it so you can see what is going on.

If that doesn't work, disconnect your drives and see if one of them is dragging it down.
m
l
September 14, 2010 10:31:14 PM

Hi Ink Try what das says even if you can get into post bios? What i would recommend though over everything else is to go to your local IT Repair shop and ask them just to put a new RAM Dimm in just to test it, i would most probably say it is either you motherboard or RAM! The first Generation Pavilion laptops had the biggest motherboard issues with regards to breaking. What they did was they put an extremely irate Nvidia mobile graphics card into that series of board without sufficient cooling which would overheat a little over a year or two! it was the biggest stuff up on HP"S behalf, this is when they re introduced Compaq again, to up sales as the demand for HP"s lessoned as the biggest sellers where the HP Pavillions at that time, it crumbled there reputation!

if its not the RAM on the laptop, then it is most defiantly is the Motherboard, in which case throw the thing away unfortunately to say, it is a expensive mistake.

Kindest Regards Rob."
m
l
!