System won't POST(RMA'd board twice and have troubleshooted)

akaskavee123

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
This is my first time posting on Tom's Hardware. I was forced into finally posting a question on a forum because I am running into some problems on my first computer build, and I have 9 days to figure out whether to RMA everything and say screw it, or to figure this thing out, because that is when my 30 day warranty runs out.

Anyhow, this is the breakdown of my problem..

Components:

Motherboard: Asus M4A79XTD EVO(Rev. 1.02G // BIOS: 0704) [[NOT USB3]]
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition (HDZ955FBGMBOX)
RAM: OCZ AMD Black Edition Ready 4GB(2x2GB) (OCZ3BE1600C8LV4GK)
PSU: Corsair HX750 750W Modular PSU
VGA: BFG GeForce GTS 250 1GB

So, when I power up my system, I get a blank screen, and no BIOS beeps. Mind you, I HAVE NO BIOS SPEAKER(and no local store that sells them). I have tried a different graphics card(BFG GeForce 7200 GS) and different ram(some crucial 1GB DDR3 PC3-10600), but to no avail. All my fans spin, and my DVD and Hard Disk Drive whirr. I am wondering, is this a compatibility issue? A DOA CPU? Or what could it be? I really need a response fast, because I need to know what to do with my parts. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

peoplearebusy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
-Doublecheck your motherboard manual and make sure you have the RAM in the correct slots & make sure RAM is seated properly
-Doublecheck all of your power connections
-Try resetting the CMOS
-Try booting computer with only monitor connected to make sure it is not a peripheral causing issues
-I cannot remember when I had this issue if it was resetting the CMOS that worked or if it was finally getting the bad RAM to work or the faulty usb keyboard. I was only running 2 days after getting monitor to come on and had to RMA the RAM.

akaskavee123

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010

I would think it was the RAM, but I have another working stick that I tried in my system, and it didn't work either.

So you need a system speaker. Go to Radio Shack, find some little speaker so you can get some beep codes.
It's a speaker, not a special BIOS speaker. Go to a thrift shop and find an old radio. An ancient walkman headset would probably do the trick. Any tiny speaker with two wires.