Sign in with
Your question

Newly built computer not POSTing

Last response: in Systems
July 15, 2010 1:36:46 AM

Today my parts order from newegg came in, I constructed my machine to specifications through the manual provided with the motherboard and now I have my problem. My tower won't boot to BIOS, make a sound to POST, or have a signal to my monitor. But fans whir, the HDD spins, the LEDs light up.

Here's my hardware list:
Rosewill Blackbone Case
Rosewill Rv2-500 500W Power Supply
Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 AM3 ATX Mobo
Gigabyte GV-R577SO-1GD Radeon 5770 1 GB GPU
AMD Phenom II x2 555 BE 80 W (with Arctic Silver 5)
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) DDR3 1600
Western Digital Caviar Green 500 GB
Lite-on 24x DVD-RW

Acer 23" Monitor

This is my first build ever, I know that things never go as planned and that's okay. The only thing is, I don't know what to return because something isn't working correctly! I've tried taking the RAM out to bait a beep, switch the RAM around to different slots, reseated my CPU (which I'm always nervous about), reseated my GPU, made sure my case speaker worked, and disconnected all un necessary peripherals. Nothing made a sound. I can't switch out parts because this is my only tower to isolate any problems. I've asked a bunch of people (but every technical support hotline I call I can hardly understand) and every opinion is different, "it's the motherboard", "it's the GPU", "it's the CPU", "it's the RAM". I just want to know what it is so I can make it work!

I understand it's just as hard for you to diagnose my computer, but all opinions and advice are welcomed!
July 15, 2010 2:04:55 AM

Should have mentioned that I read that, sorry.
m
l
!