Logitech Z560 still silent after replacing blown fuse

I was running my Z560 pretty loud yesterday at a party, and suddenly everything shut off (no lights on the control pod, nothing) accompanied with the smell of burnt electronics. With no warranty, I opened up the back of the case, and replaced the fuse with a 4A 250V slow blow fuse as indicated on several forums.

The first fuse blew the second I turned it on (I was using tweezers to insert it, so I think I weakened the outside of the fuse). I tried a second fuse, and it seems to be functioning. All the lights on the control pod are functioning, but as of yet, I don't hear any sound from the satellite speakers or the sub, although I haven't turned the sound all the way up yet. Is there a recommended procedure for turning up the volume and seeing if they work? Or is it possible that I also blew some other components? What would you recommend from here?
1 answer Last reply
More about logitech z560 silent replacing blown fuse
  1. It could be possible that some damage to the amplifier occurred, but it's hard to say. I'd see if you could get a look at the PCB it's on and look for burn marks/damage components.
Ask a new question

Read More

Light Logitech Components