System Restore resulted in "Runner Error"

After completing a system restore I got an error message stating "Runner file
name (fspex.exe) lacks a '-' (the app id separator)." Further attempts at
restoring to a point before the error occurred have been unsuccessful. Can
someone tell me how to fix this problem?
--
old canuck losing control of computer

Start by making sure your antivirus software is up to date and scan your
system. Also make sure your system is clear of malware, download, install
and run Ad Aware, www.lavasoftusa.com.

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol.

Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"2bbainer" <2bbainer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After completing a system restore I got an error message stating "Runner
> file
> name (fspex.exe) lacks a '-' (the app id separator)." Further attempts at
> restoring to a point before the error occurred have been unsuccessful. Can
> someone tell me how to fix this problem?
> --
> old canuck losing control of computer

Backweb Removal
http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/359-p1.php

C:\Program Files\Tesco Internet Security\backweb\9655419\Program\fspex.exe

C:\Program Files\Shaw Secure\backweb\3875767\Program\fspex.exe

C:\Program Files\Sonera Tietoturva\backweb\4436233\Program\fspex.exe

C:\PROGRAM FILES\CHARTER HIGH-SPEED SECURITY
SUITE\BACKWEB\3528733\PROGRAM\FSPEX.EXE

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:81FCFAA3-C56A-4026-94D8-2A18A49A5216@microsoft.com,
2bbainer <2bbainer@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> After completing a system restore I got an error message stating
> "Runner file name (fspex.exe) lacks a '-' (the app id separator)."
> Further attempts at restoring to a point before the error occurred
> have been unsuccessful. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?
> --
> old canuck losing control of computer

Hi Wes
While I appreciate your response, I'm not sure I know what to do with the
information. I have Shaw Secure on my system but have had problems with it
from the start - that is why I was doing the system restore in the first
place. I never did
get the spam control or pop up preventer installed and was using Spybot.

Bill

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Backweb Removal
> http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/359-p1.php
>
> C:\Program Files\Tesco Internet Security\backweb\9655419\Program\fspex.exe
>
> C:\Program Files\Shaw Secure\backweb\3875767\Program\fspex.exe
>
> C:\Program Files\Sonera Tietoturva\backweb\4436233\Program\fspex.exe
>
> C:\PROGRAM FILES\CHARTER HIGH-SPEED SECURITY
> SUITE\BACKWEB\3528733\PROGRAM\FSPEX.EXE
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:81FCFAA3-C56A-4026-94D8-2A18A49A5216@microsoft.com,
> 2bbainer <2bbainer@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > After completing a system restore I got an error message stating
> > "Runner file name (fspex.exe) lacks a '-' (the app id separator)."
> > Further attempts at restoring to a point before the error occurred
> > have been unsuccessful. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?
> > --
> > old canuck losing control of computer

Uninstall it. It's scumware.

[[backWeb.exe is an adware by Backweb Technologies which offers news and
entertainment services in exchange for personal usage information regarding
the PC being sent back to BackWeb's servers for analysis. Many high range
computer manufactorers have entered into an agreement with backweb to
install this product by default on work-stations in exchange for other
services from the backweb application. This program is a registered security
risk and should be removed immediately.]]
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/backWeb/

Backweb Removal
http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/359-p1.php

BackWeb Client.dlgli - Downloader removal instructions.
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/backwebclient/index.phtml

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes