Sign in with
Your question

Can't boot into Bios

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2010 1:43:22 AM

Hello, I decided to put my computer together today and got it all working except when i plug in an HDMI cable from my Galaxy 240 gt to my T.V. the computer won't boot up at all not even to the BIOS. But if i boot off a VGA cable and then switch to HDMI it works fine just a little overscanned. You should probably also know I have windows 7 Home Premium, my MOBO is MSI 760gm-e51, my CPU is a Athlon ii x4 635, I have 4 gbs of ddr3 RAM, a 1 TB hard drive at 7200 RPM, and finally I have a 500w power supply. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

More about : boot bios

June 8, 2010 1:21:28 AM

Please help may buy new graphics card!
Bump
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 10, 2010 10:38:39 PM

That is a very strange issue. Your computer should start and you should get a post beep no matter what's connected to your video card.

What "exactly" happens when you start your computer when the HDMI cable is plugged in? Do you hear a POST beep but have no display? Do you not even hear a POST beep? Does it not even power on at all?

m
l
June 11, 2010 12:49:56 AM

Thanks for the reply. I got it to boot into the BIOS and Windows 7, thankfully. But now i have a new problem. Nvidia Control Panel won't start when I have HDMI plugged in. I talked to NVIDIA and they said to reinstall the drivers (which I did) and then they said to suck it up. I noticed that the Nvidia process starts up along with WERfault.exe but then they both crash. I think it may be because I have a cheap brand of HDTV (Proscan) and since the card can't recognize this it crashes.

Thanks for any help in the future.
m
l
!