Sign in with
Your question

Need help badly!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2010 2:44:54 AM

I have an emachines et1831 pc, and I just installed a new power supply and video card. I installed a 650 watt psu and a radeon 5770. I hooked it all up correctly but I don't know what I forgot to do. I could have missed a cord from the power supply to something else. But it is connected to the motherboard, the cd rom, the hard drive (once, don't know how many it needs), and the radeon. The radeons fan moves and everything seems to work fine. But now my internet won't connect with it in, the computer keeps asking me to restore it, and I'm completely lost. Any help would be very appreciated. I spent 200 dollars on the card, and i don't want it to be a waste of time and money.

More about : badly

a c 130 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
June 6, 2010 2:46:22 AM

If you had a wireless card, did you plug the antenna back in? An HD5770 is also $150.

m
l
a c 202 U Graphics card
a c 288 ) Power supply
June 6, 2010 2:46:42 AM

Double check that you didnt knock any non power cables loose while you were replacing the PSU. Are you using the NIC on the motherboard or on a separate card?
m
l
Related resources
June 6, 2010 3:03:54 AM

What do you mean non power cables? If you can, can you check to see if theres any other things I need to connect that I didn't list. I'm using the NIC that came with the system, so I suppose it's the one on the motherboard. I appreciate your help so far though.
m
l
a c 202 U Graphics card
a c 288 ) Power supply
June 6, 2010 3:14:17 AM

By non power cables i meant like SATA or PATA cables to optical or hard drives. You might want to reset your bios just to return everything to original settings. There might be jumpers but the easiest way is just to unplug the system, remove the silver button battery on the motherboard for 30 seconds. That will reset all bios settings to their defaults.
m
l
June 6, 2010 3:24:45 AM

Ok. I have new information. I just took out the Radeon 5770, and it worked fine other than the internet. I believe the radeon can work, I just don't know how to install it I guess? Everything is working now except the internet connection. I will try the battery thing out now.
m
l
June 6, 2010 3:26:17 AM

I just think I might have forgotten to put in a cord but IDK which one it is. I tried the battery thing, it was already at defaults.
m
l
June 6, 2010 3:44:39 AM

Wait, I've got the radeon working. Yet, I have no internet connection. Please help me figure something out.
m
l
a c 176 U Graphics card
a c 92 ) Power supply
June 6, 2010 6:15:42 AM

Did you try repairing the connection? Installing the card might have changed some IRQ settings, check for conflicts in the device manager.
m
l
June 6, 2010 2:35:54 PM

It says it needs a driver, but I can't find out where to get it. It needs a new network driver but I don't know why because I never uninstalled it. I'm on my laptop right now btw.
m
l
a c 176 U Graphics card
a c 92 ) Power supply
June 6, 2010 7:21:05 PM

Perhaps the driver got messed up somehow. If there is no driver the answer is easy, install the driver. I'd tell you where to get it, but I don't know what NIC your using. I bet if you use your brain however you'll figure it out.
m
l
June 6, 2010 8:51:08 PM

4745454b said:
Perhaps the driver got messed up somehow. If there is no driver the answer is easy, install the driver. I'd tell you where to get it, but I don't know what NIC your using. I bet if you use your brain however you'll figure it out.

I couldn't find the driver for it, cuz I don't know where to look. I went and got a wireless internet adapter, it couldn't even finish installing without not responding. I'm getting frustrated, and have no idea what I need to do. I'm almost certain when I changed power supplies I missed a cord or something. Do you need the power supply hooked up to the internet card somewhere? If so, where is it?
m
l
a c 176 U Graphics card
a c 92 ) Power supply
June 7, 2010 3:12:57 AM

No, the wireless doesn't get a cord from the PSU as far as I know.

Whats the PSU? Can you put the old one back in and test with that? If you can't find a driver, you might want someone else to look at it/help you.
m
l
!