Need help badly!!

steadyeddie211

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
I have an emachines et1831 pc, and I just installed a new power supply and video card. I installed a 650 watt psu and a radeon 5770. I hooked it all up correctly but I don't know what I forgot to do. I could have missed a cord from the power supply to something else. But it is connected to the motherboard, the cd rom, the hard drive (once, don't know how many it needs), and the radeon. The radeons fan moves and everything seems to work fine. But now my internet won't connect with it in, the computer keeps asking me to restore it, and I'm completely lost. Any help would be very appreciated. I spent 200 dollars on the card, and i don't want it to be a waste of time and money.

steadyeddie211

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
What do you mean non power cables? If you can, can you check to see if theres any other things I need to connect that I didn't list. I'm using the NIC that came with the system, so I suppose it's the one on the motherboard. I appreciate your help so far though.

By non power cables i meant like SATA or PATA cables to optical or hard drives. You might want to reset your bios just to return everything to original settings. There might be jumpers but the easiest way is just to unplug the system, remove the silver button battery on the motherboard for 30 seconds. That will reset all bios settings to their defaults.

steadyeddie211

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
Ok. I have new information. I just took out the Radeon 5770, and it worked fine other than the internet. I believe the radeon can work, I just don't know how to install it I guess? Everything is working now except the internet connection. I will try the battery thing out now.

steadyeddie211

Distinguished
May 23, 2010

I couldn't find the driver for it, cuz I don't know where to look. I went and got a wireless internet adapter, it couldn't even finish installing without not responding. I'm getting frustrated, and have no idea what I need to do. I'm almost certain when I changed power supplies I missed a cord or something. Do you need the power supply hooked up to the internet card somewhere? If so, where is it?